Like Tree386Likes

UK: 3M BNO To Be Offered Citizenship Path

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Only a sample of three, but 100% not shit.
    Yeah... I'm being hyperbolic I suppose... I think I'm saying that in the context of knowing that HK people often have an image of British schools as being either Eatonesque or free range paradises with no homework and 10 hours of playtime...

Also, I kind of mean from their perspective... I think we're similar (bear with me, I can feel you bristling) in that we probably put a high value on our kid's happiness and emotional well-being where, perhaps, HK parents often put academics well above play, happiness and so on...
    Skyhook, hullexile and ArrynField like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chips:
    Yeah... I'm being hyperbolic I suppose... I think I'm saying that in the context of knowing that HK people often have an image of British schools as being either Eatonesque or free range paradises with no homework and 10 hours of playtime...

Also, I kind of mean from their perspective... I think we're similar (bear with me, I can feel you bristling) in that we probably put a high value on our kid's happiness and emotional well-being where, perhaps, HK parents often put academics well above play, happiness and so on...
    Lots of wealthier HK folk like to send their kids to school in the UK, certainty for A levels to help them get into UK universities. But of course we are talking private schools not State.
    Mr Chips and ArrynField like this.

We are currently going through the hellish process of applying for an unmarried partner visa in the UK. There is tons of evidence that we need to provide and not sure if we'll be approved. It seems the BNO route would be much more straightforward but my partner is concerned if in the future they would be barred from returning to HK. I would love to reassure and say it would never happen, but who knows? Anyone considering to do it? It's a massive "if" considering they have family here and we would want to come back regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by mused:
    We are currently going through the hellish process of applying for an unmarried partner visa in the UK. There is tons of evidence that we need to provide and not sure if we'll be approved. It seems the BNO route would be much more straightforward but my partner is concerned if in the future they would be barred from returning to HK. I would love to reassure and say it would never happen, but who knows? Anyone considering to do it? It's a massive "if" considering they have family here and we would want to come back regularly.
    I presume your partner has a HKSAR passport and HKID (permanent) which is used to enter Hong Kong. So, not sure how partner could be barred from returning to HK.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    I presume your partner has a HKSAR passport and HKID (permanent) which is used to enter Hong Kong. So, not sure how partner could be barred from returning to HK.
    Yes they do. I'm referring to this, which as it stands doesn't impact us because you don't need a current BNO passport to go that route. We are just worried how they might implement this in the future e.g. restrict everyone using the BNO UK route.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...seas-passports

I've told everyone I know; leave on your HK passport, post your BNO to a safe address in England.

Surley you need the BNO passport to enter UK?

I would have thought....use HKID or HK Passport to leave Hong Kong. Use BNO to enter UK. Hong Kong immigration do not need to see BNO.

edit: Sorry just occurred to me. You can use HK Passport to enter, but you would need the BNO to be able to stay longer than a HK tourist would be allowed.

bak875 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    Surley you need the BNO passport to enter UK?

I would have thought....use HKID or HK Passport to leave Hong Kong. Use BNO to enter UK. Hong Kong immigration do not need to see BNO.

edit: Sorry just occurred to me. You can use HK Passport to enter, but you would need the BNO to be able to stay longer than a HK tourist would be allowed.
    Well, starting next year you can enter on your HKSAR passport and apply for the special visa for Hong Kongers anyway.

But it's a moot point. They're not stopping and searching people departing for BNO passports. Let's see if the CCP decides to really stir shit up and not allow HKers on BNOs to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by eightfivetwo:
    Well, starting next year you can enter on your HKSAR passport and apply for the special visa for Hong Kongers anyway.

But it's a moot point. They're not stopping and searching people departing for BNO passports. Let's see if the CCP decides to really stir shit up and not allow HKers on BNOs to leave.
    Would they know if you have a BNO? You use HKID to leave and BNO is in your luggage. Do immigration know if a HKer has a BNO passport?

Well I'm from the UK and I also have a friend who's moving here from London because of the job opportunities as the job market is really tanking in the UK. He works in banking, as I understand it the job situation really is dire with many people from many industries reskilling into other areas so they can actually get a job, hence Boris's recent initiative on training and creating of those other jobs

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast