Like Tree49Likes

Posting on geoexpat

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

It definitely got quiet on Geo.

Are the Geo servers and user data particulars stored in HK or abroad?

Original Post Deleted
    What? That doesn't even make sense.

Let me type it more slowly, so it's easier to understand.

- Everyone can decide for themselves and could have different opinions on who those bad guys are.
    This means: you probably have a different bad guy in mind than I do, but neither of us would like them to get our data. For instance, for the sake of the argument, we know you are a frontline protester. In that case I'm sure you wouldn't like the popo to get your data, as it might send you straight to the camps.

On the other hand, I could be a spy for the CCP. In that case, maybe I don't want my real name to get out, in case I get doxxed, or worse.

Or, one of us could be an ordinary citizen, and they would prefer that hackers and scammers don't get the data.
    See how that works? For everyone there might be a different bad guy, and you don't want them to get your data.

This in general is a good principle for security in general, both in IT and in real life.

- Let's just say it would be nice if forums have some measures to prevent information to get to the bad guys.
    See how that makes more sense now?

I don't care who your bad guys are, or mine. I may even think that today there are no bad guys. But it's still good to do some general housekeeping, just like you don't put your bank statements in the garbage and you don't put the keys under the mat.

Original Post Deleted
    Please note that "deciding who is a good guy, bad guy" is not quoted from me, but from yourself.

So yes, I agree.
    just a silly Santa Claus distraction and as suspected, totally irrelevant to the conversation about protection of information

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    ....and I can’t like your post!
    Happens if you have the first poster of the page on your ignore list. In this case TheBrit.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Happens if you have the first poster of the page on your ignore list. In this case TheBrit.

Hey, why can't Iike any posts on this page?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast