Like Tree74Likes

Covid-19: HK - Cases Increase - Schools closing

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

" had plotted her escape, packing her bag and sneaking past the censors and video cameras on campus." or just gone home one night packed a bag and left because she wasn't kept a prisoner on campus? Got to love Fox and their version of fair and balanced. I can just imagine the "deadly censors" with their poison tipped pencil spears roaming the campus. English typos are deadly.

Also HK is not on the visa waiver list so maybe she has another passport otherwise she would have had to applied a while ago , or otherwise she would have to have registered anyway before getting a ticket so not a case of digging an escape tunnel and escaping the dogs and searchlights as intimated by Fox.

The whole Li-Meng Yan case is very suspicious. The fact that only Fox News seems to be touching it in the US only adds to my skepticism that this was much more than a misunderstanding or fearful overreaction on her part.

Quote Originally Posted by prospectiveHKer:
    a misunderstanding or fearful overreaction on her part.
    You think the CCP does not arrest and jail those who speak out against them?
    Mr Chips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    You think the CCP does not arrest and jail those who speak out against them?
    I think her supervisor told her that she didn't have enough proof to go public yet, and she took this to be "the CCP is suppressing me."

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7