Covid-19: July 27 - Restaurants: No Dining In + Outdoors: Mandatory Masks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Covid-19: July 27 - Restaurants: No Dining In + Outdoors: Mandatory Masks

And there you go ...

https://twitter.com/Trinhnomics/stat...68531727368192

MABinPengChau likes this.

Where will people who have to work eat?
    One of the arguments to keep staff canteens open as an exception was that otherwise people would have nowhere to eat... will they still be allowed to stay open? What difference between a restaurant and a staff canteen if the same capacity limits/table size limits are in place?

Limiting table sizes to 2 would be a better idea + shutting at 3pm just before yum cha hour would be preferable.

What difference between a restaurant and a staff canteen
    Presumably more controlled foot traffic. (The "canteen licensees" in our industrial area are not restricted... anyone can walk in and have lunch, no clue how this will work for them ...)

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    One of the arguments to keep staff canteens open as an exception was that otherwise people would have nowhere to eat... will they still be allowed to stay open? What difference between a restaurant and a staff canteen if the same capacity limits/table size limits are in place?

Limiting table sizes to 2 would be a better idea + shutting at 3pm just before yum cha hour would be preferable.
    06:00 - 08:00, 11:30 - 2:30 - restricted menus, big discount incentive to take out.

Not sure if a gov could legislate to that detail mind.

I'm not convinced this spread is related to "local lingering" though, as much as it'd fit my prejudice if it were. Green river and dim dim sum are both eat and go type places, right? Not familiar with the windsor.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Presumably more controlled foot traffic. (The "canteen licensees" in our industrial area are not restricted... anyone can walk in and have lunch, no clue how this will work for them ...)
    There are a couple of large industrial buildings in my neighbourhood which have a floor or two stuffed with 'canteens' - including at floor level with a regular retail entrance. I always assumed it was just an easy way to get around public restaurant licensing...

So what's everyone's opinion of compulsory masks outdoor? Personally (and you may not be surprised to hear this), I think it a little ridiculous.

It's already known that indoors is where covid is transmitted.

I could accept the logic (though still think it's unnecessarily over-cautious from a scientific standpoint) of having 'mask zones' where masks are required outdoors if people are unable to suitably distance. E..g Sai Yeung Choi Street - Mongkok between certain times like 10am to 11pm and other 'district centres' as 'necessary' (to abate fear rather than actually be effective)

But if compulsory masks were required hiking the twins at 6am (or any ff'ing time) that's simply moronic and pandering to humans worst ability to assess risk.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:

Take a packed lunch?! Honestly, the excuse that people need somewhere to eat doesn't stack up.

Have cold noodles, or two pieces of bread with a filling. Of course it's inconvenient, but it's not essential.
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    So what's everyone's opinion of compulsory masks outdoor? Personally (and you may not be surprised to hear this), I think it a little ridiculous.

It's already known that indoors is where covid is transmitted.

I could accept the logic (though still think it's unnecessarily over-cautious from a scientific standpoint) of having 'mask zones' where masks are required outdoors if people are unable to suitably distance. E..g Sai Yeung Choi Street - Mongkok between certain times like 10am to 11pm and other 'district centres' as 'necessary' (to abate fear rather than actually be effective)

But if compulsory masks were required hiking the twins at 6am (or any ff'ing time) that's simply moronic and pandering to humans worst ability to assess risk.
    I'm persuaded by the evidence I've seen that the risk of transmitting the virus outdoors is very low. I rarely wear a mask outdoors now, especially in uncrowded areas.

Let's see the actual proposals - even Singapore said masks weren't required when exercising, and they had quite strict rules in place.

Let's see..
    Sage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    I am waiting to see how they define this new restriction.

I think a vast majority are masked on the streets - a few younger expats / people running etc are not masked in our area.

I do agree - it does not make sense to be masked if you're the only person in 100 mts (or whatever) - but it might make sense to be masked while say walking around CWB ...
    Sage and Andy SNK like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast