Like Tree60Likes

CE - Legco Elections Postponed to Sept 5th 2021

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Can still disqualify more candidates before midnight...

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Irritating - She keeps using the WHO as an authority and not the experts in HK.

Formal request to China

- Testing and medical facilities - China/CPG will support.
    - Supply of vaccines - Ya'll are going to get vaccines from China.
    - National Security Law ...

I am the CE of "this part of China"....

I don't understand why we'd be sanctioned for looking after the health of people in HK.

AND ... "atomic mutual destructive measures..."

Oh.. and she does not have any assets in the United States and does not long to move there... She'll laugh off the sanction suggestion.
    https://twitter.com/XinqiSu/s...60841464393728

Oops. Well you can guess what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:

Do we know what the registration deadline is for what is now next years election? Or are they keeping the already expired existing registration deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Do we know what the registration deadline is for what is now next years election? Or are they keeping the already expired existing registration deadline?
    I believe the nomination process will reset next year.
    Sage and MatthieuTofu like this.

It takes someone outside of HK to say what everyone else is thinking. I do have to say our local academics have gone easy on Carrie for the postponement
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...4-20200803.htm

If we still get an election a year later or sometime in the future, I just wish all the people who voted for pro-democracy candidates in the district council elections last time will go and vote blank. If we are robbed of suitable candidates, at least make sure a big number of votes are cast, so that Beijing can see how small support the pro-establishment camp has, and how many people in Hong Kong still want to cast their vote - even it be a blank one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellenna:
    If we still get an election a year later or sometime in the future, I just wish all the people who voted for pro-democracy candidates in the district council elections last time will go and vote blank. If we are robbed of suitable candidates, at least make sure a big number of votes are cast, so that Beijing can see how small support the pro-establishment camp has, and how many people in Hong Kong still want to cast their vote - even it be a blank one.
    Beijing doesn't care about their support. They only care about the result. 100% pro-Beijing candidates would be the ideal outcome for Beijing. They'd just hide the invalid votes and have China Daily and SCMP claim 100% support of Beijing's candidates by the HK population.
    MatthieuTofu likes this.

What's a bet the one-way permits over the next year get radically increased to increase the voter base.

Elegiaque likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast