Like Tree84Likes

What aspect of the pandemic has affected you most personally?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    Why is that ?

If you have citizenship there they should let you in
    Because of the 2 week quarantine on return
    Beuze likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boer:
    It has been quite lonely. Came here alone a few months ago with the thought I could still travel back over the weekends to see my gf (and vice versa) but that's not going to happen anytime soon. Actually I wonder whether we can still meet this year...

Have been wfh mostly which I guess adds to the loneliness. Also it is hard to meet new ppl in this environment. So basically I am in my room mostly and go out to do some shopping/walk occasionally by myself + doing some exercises and random stuff to battle the boredom lol
    Felt sth was off and had a chat with my gf. She feels we are drifting apart and she is getting more annoyed with me these days. I feel quite powerless as there is no way to visit her and can only zoom. We had a long chat about it, but overall conclusion is that she is quite unsure about the relationship and it feels like it is just a matter of time because we won't be able to meet for a long while.

Think subconsciously my loneliness is getting at me and perhaps that annoys her. It's just hard to be alone in a new country/city with no friends and with almost no opportunity to meet new people. But maybe it is hard to understand how this actually feels.

Came here for a great job opportunity just before the flight restrictions were even considered. But a better job (although nth great) definitely does not equal to a better life, found out the "hard" way altho I realise my situation is not even nearly as bad as many other ppl. So I guess I should rant so much :P

Hmmm...even otherwise healthy relationships where the couple are together are badly strained right now. This is a huge mental health crisis, accentuated by the fact we're now going on 14 months of various forms of turmoil in Hong Kong.

HK_Katherine likes this.

I know I joke about my emotional support hamster but getting that hamster and taking care of it, together, the whole small office (cage cleaning, feeding, taking endless pics and videos and posting them for our Taipei colleagues) has been a great diversion for everyone. Now that I am in Taipei, my first order of business after getting out of quarantine and getting my resident card is...getting a hamster for the Taipei office. It's the way the class pet hamster (guinea pig, fish, turtle, whatever) was such a big deal in elementary school. I already miss Fei Bo, people Skype me pics a few times a day...

Edit: Of course, I should post a pic...

Last edited by MABinPengChau; 05-08-2020 at 02:57 PM.

Haven't had a dial in conference call in months. All MS Teams or Zoom.Much better

Biggest impact: not being able to easily travel to the US. Used to go there at least twice a year to visit family. Haven't figured out how to go there and be able to come back (cannot figure out how to deal with the recent new requirements set by the HK govt)

When this started I thought it would run for max six months, like SARS. But seems no real end in sight, which depresses me. So I've started to limit my consumption of news (esp Covid-19 and HK political news) to just once around the early evening, after the 4:30 press conference. I used to follow it closely before June. Replaced my news junkie habit with watching comedies on Netflix and travel videos on Youtube!

Sage, tf19, periphery831 and 2 others like this.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6