Like Tree56Likes

Covid-19: HK School to resume online...

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

I'm not demanding of the school, teachers or my young kid - I'm simply not in a position to continue paying school fees/bus and have the little one at home constantly. Something will have to give in the absence of clarity and clear strategy and I'm looking at alternative options that involve total withdrawal from school. The little ones will not be back to school in any normal way for a long time, the remote learning stuff doesn't work for us no matter how well prepared it is. Hopefully it does work for others and everyone gets through this situation in their own way, it's going to be every man for himself as patience runs out.

hike and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Douglas:
    I'm not demanding of the school, teachers or my young kid - I'm simply not in a position to continue paying school fees/bus and have the little one at home constantly. Something will have to give in the absence of clarity and clear strategy and I'm looking at alternative options that involve total withdrawal from school. The little ones will not be back to school in any normal way for a long time, the remote learning stuff doesn't work for us no matter how well prepared it is. Hopefully it does work for others and everyone gets through this situation in their own way, it's going to be every man for himself as patience runs out.
    I’m also concerned about the impact on my work. Especially as globally colleagues in Europe will have their children back in school soon. I wonder how long the forgiving attitude towards parents trying to manage working from home and overseeing home learning Is going to last.

I hope those of you without kids commenting about how this is just something to cope with are understanding of your colleagues who are juggling a hell of a lot more than you are thanks to the extended school closures in HK.
    caipiroska and shri like this.

Another way of doing things. Far from perfect either:
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/covid...MtLJt8U67X6HI-

Article on bloomberg. I agree with it mostly. The blunt approach taken by HKG in terms of school closure is just making me sad.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...?sref=jR90f8Ni

TheBrit and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by caipiroska:
    Article on bloomberg. I agree with it mostly. The blunt approach taken by HKG in terms of school closure is just making me sad.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...?sref=jR90f8Ni
    The government will only respond if businesses and wealthy people say it’s affecting their bottom lines. All working parents need to feed upwards to management that school closures are a risk to productivity. They will not listen to us plebs.
    caipiroska likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5