Like Tree12Likes

Covid-10: Aug 08 - Potentially 65 confirmed Cases

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by gigglinggal:
    The replies on his article below, are very divided. But then, this is from someone (is he a real A&E medical officer btw??? Also nothing mentioned where he has obtained pandemic experience from etc.) from a thin populated continent without sample data from dense populated region(s).
    Well, he’s using his own medium so basically he can go ahead and blurt anything he wants.
    It took me 2 mins to find him on linkedin, employed in a hospital.
    Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

Doesn’t mean that he’s a certified doctor, let alone if he’s a good doctor. Plus he’s unable to justify comparison data as he may not have clinical, scientific research expertise. No different from a forum contributor

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    It took me 2 mins to find him on linkedin, employed in a hospital.

I can't speak directly for Dr. Hotez's medical expertise - but I can say that I've been following him on Twitter for a while, he comes across as very level-headed, and he's been featured as an expert on BBC, CNN, CBS, MSNBC, and Fox, at least, so unless he's running a pretty massive scam, I'm strongly inclined to trust him.

Regardless of his dress sense, which is utterly irrelevant to this discussion...

it is human nature, people including doctors often take a view, then rationalize it, finding evidence that reinforces/supports their own views (the echo chamber idea) overlooking/discarding other views and any contrary evidence.

TheBrit and MatthieuTofu like this.

the increasing number of groups and spread inside hospitals is very disconcerting, they are infection control experts

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...5-20200809.htm

Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

If hospitals can't manage infections god help the rest of us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2