Like Tree571Likes

NSL - Jimmy Lai and Apple Daily Arrests

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    it doesnt matter. people are not buying the paper for the contents.
    Lol! we can just go onto the Apple Daily website for the content. That guy buying it and throwing away is a bit dumb.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...thers-arrested

Apple Daily founder Jimmy Lai Chee-ying was arrested under the national security law as part of an investigation into an online group that called for foreign countries to sanction Hong Kong, and received more than HK$1 million (US$129,000) from overseas bank accounts, the Post has learned..
    A police source said Agnes Chow and the two activists were suspected of being involved with the online group.
    The others were suspected of offering financial support to the group through overseas bank accounts,” the source said, adding that Lai’s top aide, Mark Simon, who was not in the city, was also wanted by police.
    So if I am reading SCMP right, Agnes Chow and the activists were funded by Jimmy Lai(and his kid + the other apple daily staff) using an overseas bank account.

Seems odd that it makes such a big difference if the bank account trough with the funds are routed is local or overseas, if the people doing the funding are still based in Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by henkka:
    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...thers-arrested

So if I am reading SCMP right, Agnes Chow and the activists were funded by Jimmy Lai(and his kid + the other apple daily staff) using an overseas bank account.

Seems odd that it makes such a big difference if the bank account trough with the funds are routed is local or overseas, if the people doing the funding are still based in Hong Kong.
    Mark Simon seems to be in the US at the moment, so I assume he won't be back anytime soon.

.....When they can’t protest, they buy the newspaper, they buy the stock and they buy the food.
    CE , security bureau, etc. must be fuming today lol

How is 282.HK doing today?

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=0282+stock+price
    timonoj likes this.

Hope they won't round up all the 282 owners for questioning

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    $1.6 at the moment. Market cap is over $4 billion, making it the biggest media company in HK ahead of TVB
    MABinPengChau and JAherbert like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:
    That would be a long list...I think SCMP said the average investment yesterday was lots lots of people doing small purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:
    More likely to be investigated by the SFC ... I think ... (Like I said earlier... shit I thought would never happen, happened)

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast