Like Tree105Likes

Covid: Sept - HK Discussions

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Covid: Sept - HK Discussions

does that include the results of the mass testing?

Quote Originally Posted by donkeywonkey:
    No - mass testing just started this am and the results will not be in too quickly, as they will have to first sort out the many false positives which will for sure be triggered massively from the community testing. I really do not understand what is the sense of a mass testing where to be expected false positives are significantly higher than expected real positives ...
    HK_Katherine likes this.

For sure NO for today as just started to get the samples this morning...………….
    But the only thing I hope is that they will communicate clearly later how many people have been tested and how many positive cases they have found from this mass test...not mixing all cases together....

City wide testing began today and the earliest any results will be announced will be the 3rd of September.

With numbers this low surely it means the Legco elections should be back on for November?

With numbers this low surely it means the Legco elections should be back on for November?
    @East_coast
    City wide testing began today and the earliest any results will be announced will be the 3rd of September.
    There could be shit load of positive cases onces the results starts coming out. we could be in full lock down mode in a few weeks LOL so dont get your hopes up for elections.
    ArrynField likes this.

We seem to be stuck in the 7-10 range. Not falling. I personally think that's low enough to be trivial, but clearly Government does not given all the restrictions. Wish they'd just open up a bit more!

Elegiaque likes this.

Decline in social skills is an issue with social distancing and prolonged isolation from other people. Just how bad is the decline though is up for question. It may also vary globally by different cultures. I wonder how bad it has affected HK vs other places:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/01/s...gtype=Homepage

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    @East_coast

There could be shit load of positive cases onces the results starts coming out. we could be in full lock down mode in a few weeks LOL so dont get your hopes up for elections.
    500K have signed up for the tests. But getting some free masks to add your name to a list and actually taking the test are very different.

With 7.5M people and a false positive rate of say 3% we are going to get 225K new cases in the next month and after a 2nd test to confirm that will be down to 6750 new cases. After a 3rd test to make really sure then we will be down to 200 or false positive cases after spending billions. Meanwhile the actual number of cases will be much less. It seems a very clumsy approach to finding possible infections.

Personally, I love social distancing. Always hated shaking hands or worse hugging acquaintances and even having them physically close by. Now I finally have a good excuse to avoid touching people I don't know well and staying a couple of meters away. I'm in paradise in that regards. Physical contact with loved ones only.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast