Like Tree43Likes

HK Post - Where mail goes to die?!?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

HK Post - Where mail goes to die?!?

Has anyone had serious delays - 2+ weeks in getting regular mail here in HK?

Bank statements, cards etc seem to be taking far longer than expected.

Trackable items mailed from overseas seem to be stuck in customs (are they working from home?) and/or HK mail sorting facilities for 10-14 days.

Just curious... if it is some weird combination of luck and logistics that has hit us, or if this is the general case.

ramelec, HKsb and hannah01 like this.

Yes... my regular mail items such as bank statements etc are arriving almost 3 weeks later than normal.

Yup. Everything is at least 10-14 days behind normal delivery.

A document was mailed to me from overseas two months ago and I never received it. Doubt I ever will...

I have been waiting for a parcel from the UK for over a month now. When I look at tracking it seems to have vanished. My frequent parcels would take around 10 days. I have no idea when I will receive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    A document was mailed to me from overseas two months ago and I never received it. Doubt I ever will...
    I received a book from Amazon a few days ago which was posted 3 months ago. You still might receive it.

Doesn’t help that post offices were shut several days a week last I checked? Plus postal services in other countries must also be hit due to COVID-19

And here I thought one upside of moving from the US was that the mail would actually be working here!

Could this be part of the problem: suspension of regular airmail from HK

https://www.scmp.com/comment/letters...-uk-and-beyond

I know local post has been slow but I get everything eventually. My problem is the UK side. Especially once stuff has arrived in the UK and getting to the final destination.

It's the theme in HK, everything is slowly starting to crumble to make sure it's ready to align in 2047....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast