Like Tree59Likes

Covid: Sep 15 - Theme Parks to Open - Not Beaches

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    The airflow transmission route has been demonstrated a few times. Most notably in the China intercity bus trip (where incidentally those wearing masks didn’t get it) and locally with a HK restaurant spread (they showed which way the airflow was, and those downwind caught it).

It seems definitely proven not to just be fomite transmission, the only debate remaining seeming to be the formal distinction between droplet and aerosol and whether it matters (personally I say nay, if the point is you can get it from the air, that’s the main thing).
    Agreed, it's the ridiculous conclusions some attempt to draw from this research that infuriates me.

"Don't let someone sitting across the table from you cough directly in your face " Really? I never knew!

As soon as there is any change in scenario; the cougher turning away slightly, putting a hand over their mouth, closing their mouth to suppress the cough, opening the mouth wide to reduce ejection velocity etc, the situation becomes completely different from the animation.

Yes, I think all are agreed that indoors and maskless conditions are higher risk than outdoors situations. Waiting for it to be translated to policy, bearing in mind that when blunt measures were applied without knowing which worked but it was common sacrifice, most people still rubbed along despite disagreeing with those measures which seemed ill-thought out and affecting them, but the spirit of solidarity tends to evaporate when you start lifting things at a differential pace (I did note the point about authorities feeling their way out, but it’s been 8 months, and people will be people, if you don’t justify your decisions...)
    Also doesn’t help impressions when their actions tend to indicate the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5