Like Tree23Likes

UK to require pre-departure checks from foreigners.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I suspect that they cannot deny entry to nationals and legally established residents without more changes to existing laws - which might be challenged.
    Wouldn’t they just be sent home or to hospital (depending on their condition)? Not sure how a test could lead to denial of entry.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Wouldn’t they just be sent home or to hospital (depending on their condition)? Not sure how a test could lead to denial of entry.
    Is forced detention in a hospitable permissible by law? Also, NHS capacities?

I really have no clue and I know I'm probably searching for an answer that does not exist and should just apply Hanlon's razor ..

Hanlon's razor is a principle or rule of thumb that states, "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".[1] Known in several other forms, it is a philosophical razor that suggests a way of eliminating unlikely explanations for human behavior.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor
    jgl likes this.

I really have no clue and I know I'm probably searching for an answer that does not exist and should just apply Hanlon's razor ..

I am less confident on the applicability of Hanlon's Razor since watching conservative actions over the past handful of years. Reading stuff like this (deliberate attempts to make it easier for industries to pollute) have made me much more cynical with regards anything to do with politics.

this
    Sage likes this.

I’m not talking about forced detention. I would assume a British citizen testing positive on arrival would be treated as any other British person testing positive. Which is go home and recover or go to hospital because you can’t breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Australia might beg to differ (I have been wondering about this for a while), but I was thinking more along the lines that testing of nationals would be an indicator of whether they would have to go right into a hospital or quarantine facility. If the UK even has quarantine facilities.

Though I guess if a test came back positive, the airline might not let them on anyway.
    Ah but Australia has not closed the border. If you make it to Australia you can still get in.... they just stopped airlines flying so you cannot make it there!
    jgl likes this.

Where's the best place to get PCR tests in London? Which test centers are recognized for pre flight criteria for British Airways?

The one at Heathrow is most convenient