Like Tree17Likes

Privacy Concerns - New HK Govt I Am Smart App

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

It's a selfie not a “face scan”... I really struggle to see the issue. Sinister intent uses of my biometrics have already been fully signed over to CCP and a multitude of other foreign governments by me and anyone who has been to the mainland or just about any other non-European country. Not to mention the corporate controlled array of microphones (Alexa) around my apartment, Google knowing everything about me, and all the rest.

Going off grid is indeed getting harder year by year, but at the point it crosses personal thresholds for privacy vs convenience we all know how to get scanned out at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    It's a selfie not a “face scan”...
    Does 'selfie' stand for self inflicted?

A 'selfie' that errr records the movement of your face in a dynamic way as you move it, in addition to taking a static photo.

So yeah a face scan then.

Someone has some privacy questions...

My full name, Hong Kong identity card number, fingerprints and face scan – I’m protective of them all. Yet the government wants each one if I register to use its iAm Smart app, a so-called “one-stop personalised digital services platform” to enable convenient access of data and information.
    Your fingerprints are used for local authentication on your phone. Like HSBC or any other fingerprint enabled app.

But there are a few other questions in there ... worth asking and answering to yourself, if it is worth it. And when you're done asking and answering... post on 23 facebook groups and let them know!

https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion...-fight-must-be

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Someone has some privacy questions..
    My full name, Hong Kong identity card number, fingerprints and face scan – I’m protective of them all. Yet the government wants each one if I register to use its iAm Smart app, a so-called “one-stop personalised digital services platform” to enable convenient access of data and information.
    The government has all of those already from your HKID

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    The government has all of those already from your HKID
    And more.

But the issues are with some other things mentioned in the article... worth sharing which dates and what vaccine you have received (embedded in the QR code which is read by an app that restaurants are supposed to use..).

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4