Like Tree195Likes

March 15: 30+ Year Olds Can Get Vaccinated

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Do I come back to HK (and two MORE quarantine weeks) to get the vaccine? Would mean I could return to the US without fear of ending up in a 2 million dollar plus intensive care hospital visit...

I may book an appointment and then decide- of course canceling it well in advance if I don't come...

Jillypots likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Think it hasn't yet been approved for the under-16 crowd, I read tests are in progress in other countries.

Original Post Deleted
    I knew someone would find a problem and have something to complain about...

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    wow good news... very HK strategy of creating queues to drum up demand!
    There's also the stick approach:

*Sophia Chan: Covid Vaccination Rate Dissatisfying, May Mull Tighter Social Distancing, Premise Shutdown Again AASTOCKS Financial News - Top News
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I knew someone would find a problem and have something to complain about...
    someone on the fb group was already complaining, why 30+ only, what about under 30 with chronic sickness??
    Just cant please everyone, they would rather it be open to 18+ and then someone would complain that 1/2 of HK registered, long waits or everyone rushed to the vaccine centers and there is overcrowding blah blah blah.

shri, aublumberg and snach like this.

Not done for the day - more updates on the current status here: https://geoexpat.com/forum/post3786167.html#post3786167

Checked into the booking, registering as a priority person (I am not)- would only give me a date up until 5 April. I am looking to book around mid to late April, wonder if they will open all those time slots once the earlier slots fill up? Not sure how this will work when it opens tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    someone on the fb group was already complaining, why 30+ only, what about under 30 with chronic sickness??
    Just cant please everyone, they would rather it be open to 18+ and then someone would complain that 1/2 of HK registered, long waits or everyone rushed to the vaccine centers and there is overcrowding blah blah blah.

Hardly an unreasonable request.

They didn't think of opening it for students? So they can open schools with much less worries and restrictions?
    They need it least of all. Send em to school, let em catch it, let em shrug it off and get on with being a kid.

Just referring to if I dare to be bold to quickly book now online before homepage is updated and categorize myself in the wrong group.
    Do it, "oh sorry lah, did I click the wrong button? Left arm please"
    Last edited by Sage; 15-03-2021 at 04:33 PM.
    HK_Katherine and Jillypots like this.

While the vaccine being extended to the wider population is great news....have they announced anything related to quarantine rules? Like if I’m vaccinated then no need to quarantine at the scary QC but can rather quarantine at home.

14 cases today were imported out of 30.

https://twitter.com/tripperhead/stat...81127764611077

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast