Like Tree341Likes

Press Conf - Batch 210102 Suspension @ 2:30PM

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=premium-asia

"Vaccines in defective packaging were disposed and haven’t been used in the city’s vaccination drive so far..."

That's what nurses do. We check the vials before preparing the vaccine and if there's anything amiss we don't administer.

So treat nurses nicely. We're your last line of defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatpigkenny:
    I am up for doing a Sinovac second dose if health dept seems it safe - P.S I took Pfizer 2 days ago.
    Entirely unnecessary a.n.d. unadvisable, obviously the two vaccines work in completely different ways.

Pfizer jabs will restart, the only question is how long it will take. I'd be willing to bet it'll be long before your 2nd jab is due.

heard some medical team is recruiting people (a friend signed up) to do test on the effect of mixed vaccine, i.e. Pfizer first and Sinovax later, or vice versa.. i have no idea why and what it entails but anyone keen can check it out...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=premium-asia

"Vaccines in defective packaging were disposed and haven’t been used in the city’s vaccination drive so far..."

That's what nurses do. We check the vials before preparing the vaccine and if there's anything amiss we don't administer.

So treat nurses nicely. We're your last line of defense.
    Kiwi - how common is it to have these vial bottling issues in other vaccines?

It doesn't make sense that to have shot jab with BioNTech, and one with Sinovac.

BioNTech is based on mRNA and Sinovac has the inactivated virus in it, like flu and hepatitis A&B vaccines.

cracked vials etc

when you keep these things at minus 70 deg C was this not expected to happen?

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...-macau-suspend

Sage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    heard some medical team is recruiting people (a friend signed up) to do test on the effect of mixed vaccine, i.e. Pfizer first and Sinovax later, or vice versa.. i have no idea why and what it entails but anyone keen can check it out...
    HKU is researching this. I think the UK have a similar mix and match study (not sure where I had read this).

Quote Originally Posted by Fatpigkenny:
    Kiwi - how common is it to have these vial bottling issues in other vaccines?
    I would have handled a few thousands vials during my time, and can only remember two incidents - one with a cracked lid and the other with impurities in the vial. So it is rare.

However, when you deal with large numbers, rare shit starts being common. So 70-ish defective vials in 150,000 is probably to be expected.

Of course I am not proposing mix and match - I know nothing about vaccines unlike the esteemed netizens here who are suddenly experts in mRNA and inoculated viruses. But logically both types are to induce an immune response, so don’t see how it’s impossible.

All I am saying is if health dept recommends it, then I will do as told

HK_Katherine likes this.

Are there 150000 vials or 25-30000 though? Sorry I am unclear, remember something about 5-6 doses per vial or something to that effect.

Maybe connected to low temperature requirement or on site removal/storage?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast