Like Tree37Likes

April 2 - Beaches(!), Swimming Pools To Open

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

April 2 - Beaches(!), Swimming Pools To Open

LCSD press release:

Swimming pools:
    • Temporarily limiting the number of users in swimming pools to 30 per cent of the original capacity to maintain distance among swimmers, and opening some pool facilities only;
    • Distributing numbered tickets to people lining up when the numbers of users in swimming pools have reached the temporary maximum pool capacity, and reminding them to take note of the numbers shown on the queuing board in order to avoid people gathering;
    • Arranging body temperature screening for all people before entering swimming pools. Those with symptoms such as fever or respiratory illness will not be allowed to enter the swimming pools;
    • Ensuring appropriate distance between users of shower facilities, with shower heads that are not within individual cubicles being open but at 1.5 metres apart;
    • For team sports, the maximum number of players or swimmers and referees to be allowed in each pool at any time during competition or training match should follow the rules and regulations of respective sports competition;
    • Each training group or class must consist of no more than four persons including the coach. There must be a distance of at least 1.5m between each training group/class. For a training group/class of more than four persons, it must be conducted in a way to ensure that persons are arranged in sub-groups of no more than four persons and there is a distance of at least 1.5m between each sub-group;
    • Ensuring members of the public wear masks at all times within swimming pools except when they are swimming, having a shower, walking from a changing room to a pool or vice versa, walking from a pool to another pool, or doing warm-up exercises with a distance of at least 1.5m from others. Coaches must wear masks at all times when coaching; and
    • Temporarily limiting the number of persons in the spectator stands at swimming pools to 75 per cent of the original capacity. No more than four consecutive seats can be occupied in the same row.

Gazetted beaches:
    Members of the public must comply with the Prevention and Control of Disease (Prohibition on Group Gathering) Regulation (Cap 599G).
    • The number of people in group gatherings should not be more than four;
    • Members of the public must wear masks at all times when being present on beaches in accordance with the Prevention and Control of Disease (Wearing of Mask) Regulation (Cap 599I); and
    • Closing barbecue sites within gazetted beaches.
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 12.08.42 PM.png
Views: 636
Size:  77.7 KB
    chingleutsch likes this.

Wonder what the "when will the beaches open" crowd will move on to?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Well... I want to be the first one to complain that opening so few beaches will ensure they will get very crowded.
    What is the logic of opening only a few beaches?
    Sage and HK_Katherine like this.

..like ... e.g. when can I get my BioN Tech jab !

I guess it’s allowed to stay and swim at the other gazetted beaches that won’t provide lifeguard service?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    ..like ... e.g. when can I get my BioN Tech jab !
    Shh!

Guess where the mrs has arranged for us to go on Friday.

Shek O beach here we come

Its going to be rammed pack i bet ya.
    Tom007 likes this.

The crowd will move on to "Can we at least open Macau now....we are bored in Hong Kong"

shri, Peaky and Fatpigkenny like this.

So I assume the barriers currently between Golden Beach and the walkways will be shifted to the make-believe boundary between Golden and New Cafeteria Beaches? And how far down from the high (or even low) tide point will the barriers extend? Some wicked people (like me ) might just swim under the single line of buoys that divides the two swimming areas ...

HK_Katherine likes this.

So you must wear a mask on beach.....going to be some interesting tan lines.

jabalong likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast