Like Tree120Likes

The scientific case for Sinovac

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Bottom line is that beggars can't be choosers. Many countries have to take Sinovac and with the number of people that already have been vaccinated, it's obvious that there are no serious short term issues in terms of safety. The efficacy is currently the biggest issue of Sinovac compared with others but it does appear to prevent serious issues in virtually all cases so it's fair enough to have it in circulation. As mentioned, there are far more than health decisions at play and in the real world, that's how it is.

There are still many things that have yet to be determined like the length and the extent of the protection as time goes on and how each vaccine will fare against present and future variants. There has been promising results with Pfizer but it'll be at least another year before the picture starts to be clearer. Anyone looking for certainty is living in the wrong world and in Hong Kong we have the luxury of choice and the situation doesn't warrant any urgency in making that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by mokhi6:
    sound scary, i'll wait around a bit. take care guys.!
    He recovered and got his second shot. I am getting my second on friday.

There will always be side effects when it comes to medicine.
    mokhi6 and HK_Katherine like this.

The active ingredient in a pretty famous little blue pill was originally developed to treat cardiovascular issue until a very interesting side effect was observed and the life of older men(and women by association) changed forever.

bak875 likes this.

Seems perverse for the ones who unleashed covid on the world to then profit from its spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    The active ingredient in a pretty famous little blue pill was originally developed to treat cardiovascular issue until a very interesting side effect was observed and the life of older men(and women by association) changed forever.

????! excuse me?!

Original Post Deleted
    Will the government now re-instate the GP's licence for saying a similar thing but based off a lack of proof previously.

Or the CE to tell the central governement the below message?
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...2-20210322.htm
    MatthieuTofu likes this.

I am struggling to see what the news is here. It has always been known that Sinovac has a lower efficacy than the mRNA vaccine.

Original Post Deleted
    Turkey lowered their figure for Sinovac to 83%, Indonesia was about the same I think.

Original Post Deleted
    But we knew that before. I don't see what has changed.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast