Like Tree100Likes

12th April - Carrle Lam Press Conference

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    This was addressed very specifically - they can go to restaurants and eat on tables of 4. Just have to leave before 10PM so the elder crowd can rave till midnight. Simple....

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    I though vaccination is essential for staff but only for customers if they want to dine in large groups...so under 30s can ear at a table of 4 just like now.
    But then why would she state that they can just go watch movies instead... incomprehensible.

They should start making PowerPoint slides to sum up their rules and regulations. The current regulations PDFs are getting very wordy.

I though vaccination is essential for staff but only for customers if they want to dine in large groups...so under 30s can ear at a table of 4 just like now.
    Vaccinations is not "essential" - only if the restaurant wants to let the elderly rave past 10pm.
    merchantms and rs4 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    But then why would she state that they can just go watch movies instead... incomprehensible.
    After 10! I’m no Carrie fan but come on...

If you want to party hard like the > 30 crowd can, go to a mid night showing of that disney film and show everyone how hard core you are.

I know what your stance is - the govt cannot do anything right. Unfortunately this convoluted press conference is not going to help. Go enjoy a cinq-a-sept and forget it happend.
    rs4 likes this.

After 10! I’m no Carrie fan but come on...
    Not mentioned in her response...

I see a very clear niche for a website summing up COVID rules with infographics!

Btw is Taiwan included in the come2HK scheme?

Btw is Taiwan included in the come2HK scheme?
    Why should a second tier subversive province be included in such schemes?
    aw451 likes this.

In an effort to please the population yet another ill thought through delivery. The intent is good, the planning and execution and utter fustercluck.

It could quite simply have been presented as: We are strongly minded to consider further easing of Covid controls and would like to target rolling these in from the end of this month. This will give us time to plan properly and consult where necessary. In return we are ask the citizens of HK to play their part in getting vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Why should a second tier subversive province be included in such schemes?
    To facilitate their reintegration with the motherland . No but more seriously they are currently exempt from hotel quarantine like the rest of China (or rather as they are part of China) so perhaps they’ll be included?