Like Tree99Likes

HK To Expand Vaccine Program - 16+

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Yes my experience in HK was with the 18-22 group and I would not have called the majority of them shallow. I think the protests highlighted that was a correct impression.
    not quite what I meant. In my experience, it's the protestors that are the screen door on the proverbial vaccine submarine. I have a couple of co-workers who flat out told me they wouldn't get vaccinated because they don't trust any vaccine associated with China (i.e., Fosun / BioNTech) despite being informed that it's manufactured in Germany.

Then again these are also the type who support Trump for being hard on China (despite they themselves being of Chinese heritage... the irony).

Edit: once people start rejecting science, they're pretty much dead to me.
    Last edited by tf19; 15-04-2021 at 11:48 PM.
    ArrynField likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    not quite what I meant. In my experience, it's the protestors that are the screen door on the proverbial vaccine submarine. I have a couple of co-workers who flat out told me they wouldn't get vaccinated because they don't trust any vaccine associated with China (i.e., Fosun / BioNTech) despite being informed that it's manufactured in Germany.

Then again these are also the type who support Trump for being hard on China (despite they themselves being of Chinese heritage... the irony).

Edit: once people start rejecting science, they're pretty much dead to me.
    It doesn't matter whether you support(ed) the protesters or not, I did, or their views on the vaccines, I don't, I think it is clear their thinking goes beyond whether the bars are open or not.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    It doesn't matter whether you support(ed) the protesters or not, I did, or their views on the vaccines, I don't, I think it is clear their thinking goes beyond whether the bars are open or not.
    Ok, so think about the greater good and get jabbed. Argument closed.

The biggest group holding out amongst my social circle are the protestors.
    You have protestors in your social circle? That certainly comes as a shock. Thought you’d be afraid of getting beaten for speaking Mandarin. With 2.4 (3?) million signatures supporting the National Security Law, I’m surprised the biggest group of anything could be protesters.

You remind me of the Russian couple I saw on the street during the protests, one of them exclaiming “how can you protest, look at the colour of your skin!” You’d think being able to read beyond the Daily Pravda would have helped, but no, they completely missed the point of what was happening.

Genuine question, assuming you are an American citizen, is it ironic if you don’t support whatever U.S. policy currently is now, or should we be looking to Korea’s attitude towards Beijing to be the guide?
    TheBrit and aw451 like this.

I’m not a fan of being forced to do anything and I’m also not a fan of the LeaveHomeSafe app. The latter may be irrational and I know my electronic footprint is already out there beyond wiping.

it seems to me a logical step would say for ANY establishment for which the app is required if you haven’t had one jab by the end of May unless you can prove exemption your are not permitted to enter these premises. Then extend that to only with second Jab by the end of July. ZERO exceptions.

I would still see an interim period where bars, for example, could only stay open to midnight for the first month to track potential outbreaks.

Get it all open, keep the rules around them simple and if necessary insist on either app or original HKID to enter a premise.

could even find some way of adding vax records to app?

maybe I’m being too simplistic?

caipiroska likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    Ok, so think about the greater good and get jabbed. Argument closed.
    ....In an ideal(ists) world.

In a world run by dictators who twist truth, you lose co-operation and undermine logic.

Was thinking the same. I think there are different information out there. One is saying the online booking starts today 9 a.m. with earliest appointment on 23.04. The other information says that online bookings will open on 23.04.
    Was already getting excited booking this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Based on other reports the lady is 29...so currently not eligible for a vaccine
    all medical personnel are on the exemption list and could receive their second shot early april

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    all medical personnel are on the exemption list and could receive their second shot early april
    She’s reported to be an accountant for a health clinic. Did they get priority access?

And right after the announcement - oops .. no wait ... what did we say? never mind , we're flexible or something...

Nip, who is in charge of the vaccination drive, clarified that if some people needed more time to check their suitability for a jab, they could still get the German-manufactured vaccine at other medical institutions.

He also acknowledged the low efficacy rate of the Sinovac jab, but said it was still effective in preventing deaths or serious illness from the coronavirus disease, and urged more people to get vaccinated.
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...fter-September

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast