Like Tree99Likes

HK To Expand Vaccine Program - 16+

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

HK To Expand Vaccine Program - 16+

Press Conference @ 3:15PM

Announcements

• Expand the program to cover above age of 16.

- Covers 16-29. About 1.08M people. 6.5M people covered.
      - Lowest age for BioNTech - 16
      - SinoVac - 18
      - Starting from 9AM on Friday, you can book your appointments.
      - You only need to show your ID card, no additional docs required
      - 16-17 need parents consent (available on website)

• Adding 3 more CVCs for BioNTech

- 2 Sports Centers (CoronaVac right now, will be changed to BioNTech)
      - 1 Sports Center - 1st of May will do BioNTech
      - Can book at these centers from tomorrow, for 1st of May

• CVCs will operate till end of Sept.

- Limited supply of BioNTech - need to get them before Sept.
      - Plan to run the BioNTech doses till end of Sept
      - Book ASAP as some of the vaccines "may expire" and might not have enough supply towards the end of the program.
      - People can still take SinoVac from Doctors and other HA OPDs.

• "We are on the home stretch" (not sure about this... I don't even think they've gotten to 10+% vaccinations.)

• Prof Sophia Chan

- EU / US might allow people who have been vaccinated to avoid / shorten quarantine. (UK still considered high risk)

- When these locations relax their quarantine, if HK does not match their rates - HKers may not be able to travel there.

- Planning next round beginning next year - new generation of vaccines are being reviewed. To consider new variants.

- I am not sure I get the maths involved - unless there are some shipments planned from Pfizer. These press conferences are getting very very very repetitive and it is getting hard to pick up new information.

- 950K doses (1st and 2nd included) have been given in HK

Q&Q

• Only Sinovac doses after Sept?

- CVCs will operate based on BioNTech vaccine. 7.5M deliveries are ordered and expected in batches.. The vaccines expire in 3-6 months. The capacity of the CVCs are able to handle 7.5M doses in the next 5 months.

- Do not want to see any wastage of BioNTech vaccines. Urge public to make bookings as early as possible.

- Will monitor the situation and people should use current capacity fully. Every day, BioNTech CVCs can handle 40K doses. The capacity is being wasted (not vaccines).

• Will you offer to those < 16?

- Need to have vaccines available to consider.

- Some vaccines have data for those < 16. Requesting and reviewing data from manufacturers for recommendations to govt.

• Two cases of pregnant women who took the vaccines and had miscarriages. Did they know they were pregnant before they took the vaccine and will the recommendations be changed?

- BioNTech has a warning stating that they are not suitable, unless there is some high risk situation.
      - Women who are breast-feeding / about to or are pregnant - they really should consult a doctor.
      - SinoVac has a similar warning
      - DH is following up with the Hospital Authorities to review what has happend
      - According to WHO guidelines - even events not linked to the vaccine are still reported as "adverse events" and they're then reviewed and will be reported within 2 weeks.

• Age discrimination for those < 16 if they cannot party with the elders after 10PM?

- Details being worked out.

• 24 wrong vaccine doses given - can you explain?

- Each case is being investigated. 17 people changed their booking choice. But went to the original vaccination center. There are some loopholes / issues and being worked on.

- 6 cases where the person went to wrong center.

- 1 case where the person went to the correct center they booked at.

- SMS messages are being reviewed to avoid more confusion.

• Status of original vaccine batches which are being investigated?

- Still stored and investigating and considering how to deal with these batches.
      - Baxter has provided 2 more batches and there are no problems with further supplies
      - Vaccination supply is adequate

https://webcast.info.gov.hk/revamp/eng/livecast.html
    Last edited by shri; 15-04-2021 at 03:59 PM.
    Baklava, hkgcat, JAherbert and 1 others like this.

You beat me by 3 mins to this !

It would be really interesting, how vaccination rate picks up from here.

Think the antivaxx conspiracy theories are even more prevalent amongst the younger generation so this will have little impact

jimbo_jones and calmathetic9 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Think the antivaxx conspiracy theories are even more prevalent amongst the younger generation so this will have little impact

Depend if the government decide to implement their strange policy like restrictions in restaurants and bars, clubs if not vaccinated....
    aw451 likes this.

Getting very repetitive - will update if there is any other news that is not covered.

I think they need to stop screwing around with this dining shit.

- You have 5 months to get vaccinated.
    - If you are not vaccinated and get Covid after Sept, you will not be admitted to hospital or get treated, you'll be taken a quarantine facility cum funeral home

TIRED of them talking about "we have heard from so many people that they're a family of 8 and would like to dine out together..." FFS, every damn restaurant is making arrangements to seat larger bookings on tables next to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I think they need to stop screwing around with this dining shit.

- You have 5 months to get vaccinated.
    - If you are not vaccinated and get Covid after Sept, you will not be admitted to hospital or get treated, you'll be taken a quarantine facility cum funeral home

TIRED of them talking about "we have heard from so many people that they're a family of 8 and would like to dine out together..." FFS, every damn restaurant is making arrangements to seat larger bookings on tables next to each other.
    When level headed Shri gets mad, you know it's a shitshow.

Honestly they should just cut the crap and say "here's what were gonna do: a, b and c" stop qualifying every action with "we've heard x, y z from some random selection of people therefore after blablabla"
    mrgoodkat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:

Honestly they should just cut the crap and say "here's what were gonna do: a, b and c" stop qualifying every action with "we've heard x, y z from some random selection of people therefore after blablabla"
    I have PTSD from Trump press conferences ... "We have heard from so many people that you Mr President are the best president ever..."

Original Post Deleted
    Thats a good point. We have several friends who are waiting and watching... for what, they cannot define. Just general lethargy.
    BCD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Thats a good point. We have several friends who are waiting and watching... for what, they cannot define. Just general lethargy.
    Agreed I've spoken to several who will 'wait and see' and not one of them is able to clearly define what the inflection point will be when they'll change. They don't know what they're waiting for, and don't know what it will look like when it arrives.

That's why my proposal (and now yours too) of setting a date is the best way forward (and some stick wielding as per derrick tan too).

My date would be much nearer and much more aggressive in what it would target (and achieve ;-) than yours.

HK used to be all about market forces - and could be again if managed well.

The current shitshow are a true shitshow. I still have hope though.....
    shri and Corrib like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast