• 1 Post By Sith
  • 4 Post By thespey66
  • 2 Post By timonoj

Covid Vaccines and Asthma

Closed Thread

Covid Vaccines and Asthma

Sorry if it has already been discussed.
    Can asthmatic ppl take biontech

if anyone in same situation and can share experience.
    was almost ready to book appointment but got to know one of friends was advised not to take.
    He also has some other complications so couldn’t clearly if it is specific to asthma

Quote Originally Posted by mrlast:
    Sorry if it has already been discussed.
    Can asthmatic ppl take biontech

if anyone in same situation and can share experience.
    was almost ready to book appointment but got to know one of friends was advised not to take.
    He also has some other complications so couldn’t clearly if it is specific to asthma
    A quick Google says it is safe but I would check with my doctor

https://www.who.int/news-room/featur...id-19--vaccine
    chuckster007, Sith and mrlast like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    A quick Google says it is safe but I would check with my doctor

https://www.who.int/news-room/featur...id-19--vaccine
    Yeah but @Sage thinks it safe for everyone ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:
    Yeah but @Sage thinks it safe for everyone ;-)
    'Safe' is one of those wrapped-in-cotton-wool, wet behind the ears words.

Life ain't safe if you're the type of person who seeks it.

So nope, I think the proportion that face a measurably greater risk from the vax than covid is very very small. (though I also know the risk from covid to the majority is not particularly high).

I'd like to see some honest data on the 'can't camp'. I bet it's made out to be a far bigger problem than it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    'Safe' is one of those wrapped-in-cotton-wool, wet behind the ears words.

Life ain't safe if you're the type of person who seeks it.

So nope, I think the proportion that face a measurably greater risk from the vax than covid is very very small. (though I also know the risk from covid to the majority is not particularly high).

I'd like to see some honest data on the 'can't camp'. I bet it's made out to be a far bigger problem than it actually is.
    Sorry it was more a joke as in the article it says “according to SAGE....”

But there are some people who have to be careful as per BioNTech’s own guidelines, the rest should be fine (doesn’t mean no one out of the many millions will have a really bad reaction (maybe even fatal) but that is indeed a very low risk.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:
    Sorry it was more a joke as in the article it says “according to SAGE....”

But there are some people who have to be careful as per BioNTech’s own guidelines, the rest should be fine (doesn’t mean no one out of the many millions will have a really bad reaction (maybe even fatal) but that is indeed a very low risk.
    Yeah the SAGE name wasn't chosen in a vacuum. ;-)

But i persevere, as the 'can't camp' is holding up removal of restrictions because people can't let go of this herd immunity idea that was foisted on them long ago.

How many diseases do we have herd immunity for? How long did it take to achieve in each case? If people think the world should have to wait for herd immunity before getting 'back to normal' they can, frankly, Fuck right off.

So yes there are SOME in the 'can't camp', how many is some? 3? 1000? 100000?

And what is their actual level of relative risk?

I see EVERY reason why we should ignore people who have a vague sense of "I don't want to get vaxxed because I can't appreciate relative risk" whilst at the same time supporting people who genuinely want to get a sense of that risk and make an informed choice.

BioNtech has advised 'some' to be careful, they haven't advised govt's to keep borders closed because some people face a heightened risk from their vax.

But govt's are using that argument to keep borders closed.

BioNTech need to protect against their own liability of advising vax usage for everyone, they don't have to protect against the liability of restricting people's freedoms.

The 'can't camp' excuse needs to be put under the spotlight and examined in the cold light of day.

I maintain that it is a much smaller issue than the importance it's being given.

I’m asthmatic as is my sister in the uk. We both had the BionTech vaccine. She’s a nurse. We had no problems.

hullexile, Sage, Sith and 1 others like this.

I have asthma. I've had my second Biontech shot last Monday. No issues so far.

Sith and mrlast like this.

thanks everyone for sharing your experience.