Like Tree25Likes

Vaccine effectiveness compared

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The Chile study for Sinovac with 5 million vaccinated and 5 million control showed

67% for mild
    85% severe
    80% death.

The Brazilian one was on medical workers so not representative of the general population.

From memory, so suspect, AZ was 73% and J&J 66-72%.
    How contagious are they?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    How contagious are they?
    I don't think vaccines are contagious, would solve a lot of problems if they were
    East_coast and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The Chile study for Sinovac with 5 million vaccinated and 5 million control showed

67% for mild
    85% severe
    80% death.

The Brazilian one was on medical workers so not representative of the general population.

From memory, so suspect, AZ was 73% and J&J 66-72%.
    Only 80% effectiveness against death? ( yes, yes compared with the control group....)

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    If you are vaccinated or test negative you don't have a "high probability" of causing anyone's death.
    I have not seen any data to support this for both vaccines. Have you?

Without any vaccines I don't think there is a high probability of causing someone's death in Hong Kong so unless you are suggesting the vaccines make things worse?

I assume your questions are directed towards the SinoVac thingy that is being used in Hong Kong and elsewhere.

The EU has started what they call "rolling tests" or something like that. We should have some data in the next couple of months I guess? Would their numbers be more credible that the ones currently in circulation?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I assume your questions are directed towards the SinoVac thingy that is being used in Hong Kong and elsewhere.

The EU has started what they call "rolling tests" or something like that. We should have some data in the next couple of months I guess? Would their numbers be more credible that the ones currently in circulation?
    I have not seen any numbers in circulation in estimated reduction of transmissibility.

I have not seen any numbers in circulation in estimated reduction of transmissibility.
    The BioNtech vaccine reduces your chances of catching COVID by 95%, if you don't have it you can't transmit it. Everybody in compulsory quarantine has a negative test, or they'd be sent to the hospital instead. No COVID + plus low chance if catching it = illegal imprisonment in my book.
    HK_Katherine and Sage like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    The BioNtech vaccine reduces your chances of catching COVID by 95%, if you don't have it you can't transmit it. Everybody in compulsory quarantine has a negative test, or they'd be sent to the hospital instead. No COVID + plus low chance if catching it = illegal imprisonment in my book.
    5% chance of displaying any symptoms of having caught it

5% chance of displaying any symptoms of having caught it
    Please tell me you don't at this stage think that this is what the 95% efficacy number means ie, a 5% chance of displaying any symptoms....
    Sweet screaming baby Jesus.
    Sage likes this.