Like Tree135Likes

April 30th - FDH Compulsory Testing + Mutant Arrival Press Conference

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Slots at testing centres are taken very fast. Better hurry to make appointments to avoid to travel to a testing centre far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    Slots at testing centres are taken very fast. Better hurry to make appointments to avoid to travel to a testing centre far away.
    Yeah, weekend slots are pretty much gone. I.e. The days when they can actually go.

Well done racist HK government.
    caipiroska and Mrs. Jones like this.

Can't they just get a spit test and you drop it off for them on your way to work?

I don't think the govt spit tests are approved under the mandatory testing orders. You can get a spit test from a company such as prenetics, but that's a cost you'll have to foot. And dropping it off is a pain, but it beats getting something shoved up your nose. There is a list of approved private practices online.

Quote Originally Posted by Blowfish:
    I don't think the govt spit tests are approved under the mandatory testing orders. You can get a spit test from a company such as prenetics, but that's a cost you'll have to foot. And dropping it off is a pain, but it beats getting something shoved up your nose. There is a list of approved private practices online.
    The spit tests are listed for mandatory testing

https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/c...y-testing.html
    BCD, chuckster007 and twelve98 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    The spit tests are listed for mandatory testing

https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/c...y-testing.html
    Good to know. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Can't they just get a spit test and you drop it off for them on your way to work?
    Are these the spit tests you get from MTR / post office? If so, they have daily quota which goes very quickly (based on trying to get one last week).
    mrgoodkat and twelve98 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    If you know any Mandarin speaking Filipinos who want to get out of HK my eldest is recruiting for a call centre in the Philippines at 80k peso, HKD 13k per month
    That's a serious salary in Phil. 80K for call centre job?

Quote Originally Posted by Eva C:
    That's a serious salary in Phil. 80K for call centre job?
    Yes, I guess there are not so.many Filipinos fluent in Mandarin and English who want to work in call centres. Supply and demand. Normally less than half that.

There was a post today about a uni fresh grad here turning down 37k for an entry level marketing job, wanted 60k. Despite covid there seems to be upward pressure on salaries for some jobs.

With that much testing backlog to process, one can only hope that none of the labs does a BGI due to the pressure of processing all the samples...

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast