Like Tree14Likes

Covid Variant Cases - Spread Explained / Linked

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    So vaccination on entry to the quarantine facility would almost certainly stopped this particular outbreak. Why does HK gov lack the charisma to get people to become vaccinated?
    Meanwhile, I am fully vaccinated by the government, needing to travel, yet anxious that I will face a 3 week lock-up on return... I think there are those willing/wanting to get vaccinated immediately upon return so they can make "use" of those 3 weeks locked up... oh well.

Respiratory medicine expert Dr Leung Chi-chiu said the mandatory Covid-19 testing imposed on Hong Kong’s 370,000 foreign domestic workers – which triggered a diplomatic backlash and forced helpers to queue for hours on end – could have been avoided if the infected pair had cooperated with officials at the outset.
    Could also have been avoided if the government stopped listening to people named Leung Chi Chiu. Maybe as punishment those people could be locked up for 21 days.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...who-hide-their

Sorry a lot of this is now blurring in my mind. Am I right in saying these people are responsible* for hundreds of people being sent to QT and the mandatory testing of FDH?

*don’t get all clever on me and spout on about no the authorities are responsible

Even if they had confessed. Everyone would still get quarantined if the DoHealth is not flexible?

So in this case the DoHealth is the only entity that can make a decision on how bad an outbreak is and who need to be quarantined?

Sage likes this.