Like Tree58Likes

Royalton Residents Defy Quarantine Orders

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Royalton Residents Defy Quarantine Orders

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    I hear that the Royalton building refuses to go to q. camp and are holding the fort. But no news in the english newspapers/ Anyone verify ?
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...4-20210506.htm

Wonder if we can the get Chilli Lucas to cover the raptor raid.

MABinPengChau likes this.

Strange indeed there isn't a bigger news story on this...yet

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Strange indeed there isn't a bigger news story on this...yet
    Probably don't wanna encourage anyone
    Baklava, aw451 and chuckster007 like this.

Interesting, very interesting. For all my posturing over the last few weeks including today, this has the potential be a very pivotal moment. Common sense vs lunacy. Let’s hope the former prevails and forces a rethink

Paxbritannia likes this.

I will happily do a quarantine at home, not in these camps. Also 21 days, nope

Allowing the residents to quarantine at home, meanwhile, would also be a large operation, he warned, as the government would have to ensure it tested them for both the virus and antibodies, while ensuring no one left the building.
    Get some bloody tape already and tape up those doors! Assurance met! Logistically, it wasn't easy to make temporary homes for thousands of people, but they did it, so why can't they get their act together to do this, too, to ensure citizens can still have a better quality of life.

Ideally, people should have the choice.

Glad to hear about this resistance. I wonder if we should do our part and write to relevant parties, too... good karma and all for when its our turn.

I've never been able to understand the thinking behind sending people off into another building to stay in, and in some cases, more cramped. Only making it easier to have centralized facilities, but still...

While I agree that it makes no sense to take a whole building to quarantine, it is also extremely poor optics to let a group of richer people get away with it because they're just too good for public quarantine so I will be surprised and disappointed if the government let them get away with it unless they walked back the policy which is also unlikely.

Walking back anything these days is far too politicised.. Not going to happen. They will be sent to quarantine to ensure that others don't get too many ideas and dare question the govt.

mrgoodkat likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast