Like Tree15Likes

Arrivals from Taiwan to Quarantine 14 days in Quarantine Hotels

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Arrivals from Taiwan to Quarantine 14 days in Quarantine Hotels

Taiwan had about 25 cases a day for a couple of days (mostly imported) so HK changed the rules-now to quarantine in a hotel but only 14 days.

Very much impacts my coworkers...

https://news.now.com/urgentnews.jsp?...06&refer=Share

drumbrake likes this.

lol, ridiculous

Taiwan has been freaking out- cancelled Eid al Fitr celebrations and no indoor gatherings over 100 people, no outdoor over 500 lots of other new rules, been leaving my contact information everywhere (went to a mall last night, then restaurant within said mall). Employers allowing work-from-home...seems a little over-the-top. I think a few cases have not been traced so that is the concern. Look, we had no community transmission forever so it all comes down to which imported case are you linked with. And then really, which pilot or aircrew member as it tends to be them as they still have reduced quarantine although that may be ending. Time to test people on arrival, that's long overdue. And maybe test 12-14 days after arrival, also overdue. My building shut down the karaoke and party rooms and put up a wholly ineffective sheet of open plastic at the front desk. Job done.

Welp. Looks like I'm going to push back my trip to Taiwan even further.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Taiwan has been freaking out- cancelled Eid al Fitr celebrations and no indoor gatherings over 100 people, no outdoor over 500 lots of other new rules, been leaving my contact information everywhere (went to a mall last night, then restaurant within said mall). Employers allowing work-from-home...seems a little over-the-top. I think a few cases have not been traced so that is the concern. Look, we had no community transmission forever so it all comes down to which imported case are you linked with. And then really, which pilot or aircrew member as it tends to be them as they still have reduced quarantine although that may be ending. Time to test people on arrival, that's long overdue. And maybe test 12-14 days after arrival, also overdue. My building shut down the karaoke and party rooms and put up a wholly ineffective sheet of open plastic at the front desk. Job done.
    Problem is basically nobody in Taiwan is vaccinated (something like 0.5% have had their first dose) so without restrictions it could easily blow up.

what were the quarantine rules for Taiwan prior to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cminds:
    what were the quarantine rules for Taiwan prior to this?
    14 days home quarantine or non-quarantine hotel. Or Air BnB, really anywhere you like- no designated transport (I took Airport Express and Peng Chau ferry, no problem).

And then, of course, my favorite quarantine location, a bench in the airport, as instructed by the Dept of Health (yes, spent my first night in quarantine sleeping at the airport and enjoying the hospitality of club 7-11).
    Cminds, drumbrake and hongkong7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Problem is basically nobody in Taiwan is vaccinated (something like 0.5% have had their first dose) so without restrictions it could easily blow up.
    TW was/is low priority to get the vaccine when so many other countries need it much, much more. TW is in the process of making one of the vaccines locally, should roll out in July. Right now you need to be in a priority group OR proof of an air ticket overseas to qualify for the vaccine. Only Astra Zeneca right now.
    hike likes this.

Am hearing that domestic vaccine production will happen from July (?), will likely speed things up and circumvent any blockade from China.

MABinPengChau likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Yes, it literally was because these were the SAME rules for "China" outside of Guangdong province- 14 days' home quarantine.

Now the province of Taiwan has new rules...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast