Like Tree2502Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Closed Thread
Page 34 of 107 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 ... LastLast

43 years wow! That will be a huge change for you back in the UK. Holidays are different than actually living permanently in a place as you are well aware.
    Good luck and all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Congrats mate. You've got lots to look forward to. Been there, done that, no major regrets. Of course there are things I miss about HK, but weighing everything up I made the right decision to leave when I did. I went for a BMW myself, and my major project now, I bought this empty block of land and building this double story home on it for half the cost of my HK shoe box.

Actually I cannot recall off the top of my head if Geo has a regular poster based in UK? We've got Hull in PH, DeletedUser in Japan, CWBGuy in Malaysia, Edward in Portugal, Skyhook covers east Australia, I cover the west, etc. So I think you'll be covering a vital region where we are a bit thin on the ground at the moment. In other words, dont leave geo!!
    I'm here in the the UK (but I maybe I don't qualify as a regular poster)
    bdw, Jillypots and Skyhook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    Sorry brain fart, of course I know you left not long after me. Still we need chuckster to stick around on geo!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    once a month cheap flights on Ryanair to many European cities for short 2-3 day weekend trips with just a small backpack (wear same underwear for 3 days LOL)
    No wonder you're scratching your balls!

Use some of the money you'll be saving to buy some new ones at your destination...

Congrats!

(but, I, too am confused why looking for a new job if working in HK 43 years- unless you came as a toddler...)

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    (but, I, too am confused why looking for a new job if working in HK 43 years- unless you came as a toddler...)
    Im only 48

@Chuckster - wishing you and your family everything of the best. Good luck with your move, and enjoy the ball-scratching island break

chuckster007 likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Same for us, we are finally packing up our boxes looking to leave (along with I assume thousands of others) in June. We did one 21 day stint in quarantine last year with a 6 month year old but we will not do it again. I am not afraid of the virus but I am very afraid of being sent to Penny's Bay (my brother-in law was sent there in December for playing football with a pilot). Plus I miss my Mum a lot. It is so difficult to choose between what has been a very happy home and a more free life.

Beutiful Italy, where people don't know how to drive :)
    Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Actually I cannot recall off the top of my head if Geo has a regular poster based in UK? We've got Hull in PH, DeletedUser in Japan, CWBGuy in Malaysia, Edward in Portugal, Skyhook covers east Australia, I cover the west, etc. So I think you'll be covering a vital region where we are a bit thin on the ground at the moment. In other words, dont leave geo!!
    Norther Italy here, after 15 years in HK. Although I am not a frequent poster.
    bdw, Skyhook and Elegiaque like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    I am in the UK too, left 2018 with small family and no regrets. Had a great 9 years in HK but still come here for HK Govt entertainment news. I mean entire department trying to trace and kill hamsters and locking thousands of people in their homes with no real provision of food and water, dont get me started on Government birthday parties.......
    kittykaitak and Elegiaque like this.

Original Post Deleted
    I just tried to even find the place to change the location and have no clue how to do it LOL, its probably why some dont bother changing.
    bdw and Jillypots like this.

Closed Thread
Page 34 of 107 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 ... LastLast