Like Tree705Likes

Who is leaving HK, Anecdotal Evidence - Part 2

Reply
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36
  1. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by needgoodwine:
    Genuine question...why is there so much press about people leaving at the moment? I think I've seen perhaps an article a day (across mostly financial media outlets) for the past fortnight, all of them saying the same thing. Is it because expats are overrepresented in the finance sector and bonuses are going to be banked soon? At some point fatigue will set in
    I think it's because Hong Kong is becoming such an exception. The rest of the world is trying to figure out how to live with Covid, we're stuck in a society which persecutes those who catch the disease.

  2. #352

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,146
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    I think it's because Hong Kong is becoming such an exception. The rest of the world is trying to figure out how to live with Covid, we're stuck in a society which persecutes those who catch the disease.
    We're stuck in a society which persecutes those who register the infection....and all their friends, family, colleagues.....

  3. #353

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    225

    Thank you everyone for all of your help with everything. We’re still running the company, but we are outsourcing and minimizing. We’re off to America to start anew. You’re all the absolute best, even when we fight a bit 😉 I hope everyone who stays gets the hk they hope for and everyone who wants to finds the escape they need. I’ll miss this beautiful city and the good hearts that we saw everywhere here.


  4. #354

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    猴山
    Posts
    21,304
    Quote Originally Posted by needgoodwine:
    Genuine question...why is there so much press about people leaving at the moment? I think I've seen perhaps an article a day (across mostly financial media outlets) for the past fortnight, all of them saying the same thing. Is it because expats are overrepresented in the finance sector and bonuses are going to be banked soon? At some point fatigue will set in
    Perhaps the lack of fresh people coming to HK and the creative classes leaving is a unique experience in a big developed city. It is new and therefore news.
    Sage likes this.

  5. #355

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    40,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandy:
    Thank you everyone for all of your help with everything. We’re still running the company, but we are outsourcing and minimizing. We’re off to America to start anew. You’re all the absolute best, even when we fight a bit 😉 I hope everyone who stays gets the hk they hope for and everyone who wants to finds the escape they need. I’ll miss this beautiful city and the good hearts that we saw everywhere here.
    Best wishes and 'congrats' on pulling the trigger.
    East_coast and Tandy like this.

  6. #356

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    323

    Good luck, Tandy - wish you and your family all the best

    UniqueUserName and Tandy like this.

  7. #357

    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandy:
    Thank you everyone for all of your help with everything. We’re still running the company, but we are outsourcing and minimizing. We’re off to America to start anew. You’re all the absolute best, even when we fight a bit ������ I hope everyone who stays gets the hk they hope for and everyone who wants to finds the escape they need. I’ll miss this beautiful city and the good hearts that we saw everywhere here.
    After being back in the US, it's clear it's time to put HK in the rearview mirror. Life is good and beautiful here. And despite the high covid counts in California, one doesn't feel the impact of thousands of local cases here as much as one would feel the impact of 10 cases in HK hitting daily life in HK.
    shri, Tandy, tf19 and 5 others like this.

  8. #358

    AMERICA IS GREAT AGAIN


Reply
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36