Like Tree1087Likes

Has Hong Kong adopted the wrong COVID-19 strategy?

Closed Thread
Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 63 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Where is the exponential explosion we were expecting? Curious.
    There may not be an explosion per se because of quarantines and lockdowns.

I’m expecting that as every cluster is controlled a new one will emerge, and the ongoing drain on resources is going to push the system to breaking point. We’re also seeing Kwai Chung subsiding but another popping up in Choi Wan Estate.

Where is the exponential explosion we were expecting? Curious.
    I think there are many more cases in HK than are being reported because the testing capacity is quite limited and most people just won't go and get tested voluntarily as the punishment for testing positive is so severe, so the only way they'll pick them up are through the CTN's and those few people who go to a doctor for the slightest sore throat or cough as they fear they'll die of COVID.
    hullexile, Gatts and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by statman:
    I think there are many more cases in HK than are being reported because the testing capacity is quite limited and most people just won't go and get tested voluntarily as the punishment for testing positive is so severe, so the only way they'll pick them up are through the CTN's and those few people who go to a doctor for the slightest sore throat or cough as they fear they'll die of COVID.
    And of course there are the asymptomatics and those with very mild symptoms who haven't realised they've got covid.

Attachment 85788
    statman likes this.

Also: why aren't my picture attachments displaying in the post?

Quote Originally Posted by statman:
    Looking at the advice to DB residents to get tested is it any wonder people won’t come forward?

‘Should positive test results is shown on the test kit, user should seek medical attention at the Accident and Emergency Departments promptly, so that appropriate diagnosis and treatment can be given at the earliest possible time.’

With all the bureaucracy that goes with unnecessary hospitalisation and close contacts how hard would it be seriously to extend one of the apps for people to make an electronic self declaration that they are positive and self isolating for (say) 7 or 10 days. Heck you could even make it a legal thing for those ‘clever’ ones filling in the app and going out.

Send them a lateral flow test for them to take at home at make a declaration upon expiry that LFT is negative or they continue to self isolate until negative.

Seems a bit draconian? Has to be less administratively burdensome than current arrangements.

Feel free to pick holes.
    statman, njstone9, Peaky and 1 others like this.

Looking at the advice to DB residents to get tested is it any wonder people won’t come forward?

‘Should positive test results is shown on the test kit, user should seek medical attention at the Accident and Emergency Departments promptly, so that appropriate diagnosis and treatment can be given at the earliest possible time.’

With all the bureaucracy that goes with unnecessary hospitalisation and close contacts how hard would it be seriously to extend one of the apps for people to make an electronic self declaration that they are positive and self isolating for (say) 7 or 10 days. Heck you could even make it a legal thing for those ‘clever’ ones filling in the app and going out.

Send them a lateral flow test for them to take at home at make a declaration upon expiry that LFT is negative or they continue to self isolate until negative.

Seems a bit draconian? Has to be less administratively burdensome than current arrangements.

Feel free to pick holes.
    Not a terrible idea, I for one wouldn’t do that either. No point exposing yourself to any legal liability and assist the authorities in their ridiculous crusade

That's where we will end up about 12 months after the rest of the world, and there will be a totally incomprehensible pictogram flowchart about the Covid 19 Community Self Care Rapid Antigen Testing Self Monitorring Self Isolation and Recovery Scheme, as well as a billion metric tons of plastic waste from horrendously overpackaged community test kits.

Together We Fight the Virus!

Totally with you Peaky but something has to be better than the status quo. I kind of like my thought process. I’m a bored moment I might suggest it to CHP. There are some good eggs in an otherwise mouldy basked. And Sage id remove the legal item for you 😀

Sage likes this.

Feel free to pick holes.
    Or Hong Kong could copy here. Test positive then go home and isolate for a week. Not tested but feeling sick? Stay home and isolate for a week, don't bother to test. Hospital is for the seriously sick.

Obviously too simple for Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Fixed it for you- those beaches are dangerous places, along with the outdoor barbeque pits...
    Name:  755b7266-33f8-4481-a3ca-a651ac03f21d_f51dbd40.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  164.7 KB
    njstone9 and hullexile like this.

Closed Thread
Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 63 ... LastLast