Like Tree31Likes

Quarantine Hotel List - Dec 2021 - Feb 2022

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by greenmark:
    Well, I'm booked there, same size room and also for January. Hello neighbour. Will enjoy the flame wars from adjoining rooms.

Noticed after I booked that they have confusing cancellation policies on their website. One page suggests that it's free cancellation ("Cancel 7 days prior to arrival to avoid a 100 percent plus applicable tax charge").

But when I examined the site further, on a completely separate page, it says "Cancellation is not allowed once booking is confirmed... room charge for the entire stay will be levied".

IMHO the first statement is a bit misleading, as I would not have seen the second statement in any of the conditions during the booking process.
    if you need to cancel because restrictions have changed on your trip it’s full refund. Let’s put it this way if I need to cancel for ANY reason I’m getting a refund by whatever legal means necessary

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    Can someone please direct me to where I can get the best / most quarantine reviews. Interested In Crowne Plaza & Hotel Indigo.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2788738214495345
    ByeByeEngland likes this.

The search function in the FB group is helpful - just be prepared to sometimes sift through the bad info to get to the good. Great resource though

Dec 12 - anyone want quarantine hotel for 14 days; duplicated booking and want to release.

Quote Originally Posted by vlo88:
    Dec 12 - anyone want quarantine hotel for 14 days; duplicated booking and want to release.
    if your trying to off load something, add a bit more effort, hotel name, dates, price etc or do you like answering every msg and going back and forth with many many people??
    shri likes this.

There's a specific Facebook group for swapping out HK Q Hotel reservations:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1771895029631769

HK_Katherine likes this.

Bumping this thread, but let me know if there's another more appropriate thread for this.

I'm looking for a 14 day quarantine hotel, starting from ~27 Dec (I'm flexible on dates).

The online search engines (trip.com, Agoda) don't show any available rooms. So is the best bet to:

(1) Email each hotel individually and either get their availability or get on their waiting list; and
    (2) Get in the FB HK Quarantine Support Group and see if any rooms come up?

Otherwise I'll just have to stay overseas until I get a room, because I can't get on a plane until I have a room booking - is that correct?

Any other suggestions welcomed, including which hotels to directly contact first (beisdes Ovolo which seems to have been recommended by different people) and if using a travel agent is better. Thanks all.

Last edited by ebayhtl; 12-11-2021 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ebayhtl:
    Bumping this thread, but let me know if there's another more appropriate thread for this.

I'm looking for a 14 day quarantine hotel, starting from ~27 Dec (I'm flexible on dates).

The online search engines (trip.com, Agoda) don't show any available rooms. So is the best bet to:

(1) Email each hotel individually and either get their availability or get on their waiting list; and

Otherwise I'll just have to stay overseas until I get a room, because I can't get on a plane until I have a room booking - is that correct?

Any other suggestions welcomed, including which hotels to directly contact first (beisdes Ovolo which seems to have been recommended by different people) and if using a travel agent is better. Thanks all.
    This is the group you want- the transfer reservations group- transfers come up all the time (sometimes a direct transfer from someone with a non-refundable reservation):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1771895029631769

On the regular HK Quarantine support group, someone was posting a late December availability somewhere.

If your dates are fixed, then your choices of hotel are limited to whatever is open, if you can wait, can be more picky about the hotel. Good luck!
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ebayhtl:

Yes, you need confirmed reservation before you are allowed to get on plane.
    HK Support group can be useful - they have one for hotel bookings.
    Contacting hotels directly is better than using an agent.
    Look at the hotel's online availability.
    Emailing sometimes works - but you might not get replies.
    Phoning is the best - but if your overseas, might be expensive.
    Ovolo is good, but the best hotels get booked quickly.
    Dorsett hotels are fine - they have branches in different locations. Maybe try Tsuen Wan for a less popular location (I don't think quarantine matters so much when you are in quarantine, except for food panda deliveries).

The "less popular" hotels are the easiest to get a room in. Those with cancellation policies are also good as they get cancellations every day.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast