Like Tree31Likes

Quarantine Hotel List - Dec 2021 - Feb 2022

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    As usual.. in a mess now.. all the 14 days --> 21 days extension of Q period.. those especially flying these two weeks are trying hard to rearrange.. some will have to cancel i am sure.. i think the hotels will lose out due to these changes as well as they are bound to have 20/30% of rooms not fillable..
    Yes there is a mix of people in the Facebook group either managing to get extensions or giving up their rooms and giving up their travel plans. Some of the stories are so sad. This Government is evil. Their policies are SO fucking stupid it beggars belief. No reason for a greater than 14 days quarantine in the first place so no reason to change a low risk, low covid country just because they found ONE case (or in the case of some African countries which don't test, don;t find the hundreds that are probably there). HK just moves pieces around on a chessboard with no regard to the fact that human lives are affected. Bastards.
    AsianXpat0, mucaari, Sage and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    HK just moves pieces around on a chessboard with no regard to the fact that human lives are affected. Bastards.
    I'm still agonizing whether I should see my family and friends whom I haven't seen in almost 2 years. It's frightening watching people turn into ghosts.

You may find that they don't want you to come round even if you get across.

I've been back for 2 months and I've only seen a few members of family. More than half haven't asked to meet up. I can't even get into one cousin's house as they're too paranoid to let people in.

Quote Originally Posted by seirin:
    I'm still agonizing whether I should see my family and friends whom I haven't seen in almost 2 years. It's frightening watching people turn into ghosts.
    I'm glad I did in the summer, after 2 years of not seeing my parents and over 4 years for my siblings, it was worth it even though I ended up staying longer there and in QT hotel.

Right now the conditions for travel are terrible and who knows how it's going to be in HK once there is 1 local case, on top of the already insane guidelines. You need to be prepared to be detained for 21~44+ days... Unless it was the last chance to see someone I wouldn't go ATM.

I think the biggest uncertainty is if they reprise last year's outright ban so that you have to go for 21 days to a very small list of third countries, then do ANOTHER 21 days upon arrival in HK.

I also broke down and went to see my mother whom I had not seen for 2 years and my daughter, whom I had not seen for 3 years. Got back just in time for the omicron to hit the fan, as it were. With the US 1-day test and fly rule, hard to even get back for me anymore. My visit came in a tiny window of normality with few covid cases before delta hit the US hard.

Feel for the people who waiting until the Christmas/New Year holidays to plan their return to wherever. It's a total mess (didn't have to be but don't see the world backing down for at least a couple of months until more data comes in on omicron).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5