Like Tree163Likes

3rd Dose For Everyone - 1/1/22 & After Effects

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    It’s not a rumor. APEC card holders can only enter China if they have a Chinese vaccine.

https://www.mfa.gov.cn/ce/cohk//eng/vtc/t1860509.htm
    I tough APEC card older still need to apply for a visa on condition the got vaccinated with a PRC vaccin

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    Omg : so I got to get a sinovac as a booster to use my apec card? Lol
    Whatever
    it can't get any stupider can it ?
    NEVER SAY THIS. HK masters in stupidity.
    hongkong7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rathunt:
    Don't forget there was also the rumour going around for much of the first half of the year that travel to the Mainland IF you had Sinovac... I know a good few people (my colleague with family there for example) that new it wasn't as good as Biontech BUT chose it to be able to travel home. Fat lot of good that did him...
    Although it makes pretty much zero difference if you are a Chinese national, it's not entirely false for everybody else. If you don't otherwise have a valid visa to China, then taking Sinovac makes the visa application process vastly easier for business travellers (no need to get those damned PU letters). It makes an even bigger difference for family travel as without Sinovac that would only be possible in the event of death of an immediate family member.

https://www.mfa.gov.cn/ce/cohk//eng/vtc/t1863638.htm

Quote Originally Posted by blandy62:
    they indeed claim that non chineese can apply for a visa if they received a 'chinese manufactured vaccine' . But I would curious to know if anybody managed to get a visa approved
    Yes many have been able to obtain M/Z visas after taking Sinovac (or another Chinese vaccine such as Sinopharm), without having to get a PU letter.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    According to the SCMP, the borders could be opened from next month, albeit on a quota basis.

You just need one spreader.

Just one.

Transmission is by air.

Air is all around us.

You breathe, don't you?
    The SCMP is talking about going from Hong Kong to China. You can already travel from China to Hong Kong with no quarantine. That's been in place for months, with zero cases detected. Each quarantine-free traveller from China to Hong Kong has had to take six PCR tests after arriving (in addition to a PCR test prior to travel), spread out over 21 days after arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by blandy62:
    I tough APEC card older still need to apply for a visa on condition the got vaccinated with a PRC vaccin
    It depends on where you got your APEC card. For US APEC card holders they must get a separate visa. For just about everyone else they can get pre-clearance from China (which can be identified by having China listed on the back of the card), that allows for visa-free travel to China (60 days max stay).

When I had my APEC card from Australia China was the slowest in giving pre-clearance and often the reason for delays in getting the APEC card.

Has anything been said about boosters for those vaccinated overseas? My mother is currently resident in HK on a dependant visa. She is >60 and vaccinated in the UK with AZ. She would be due her booster in the uk whilst she’s in HK. She’d like to get her booster here if possible, so she’s better protected when she travels back to the uk. Does anyone know if this is likely to be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    Has anything been said about boosters for those vaccinated overseas? My mother is currently resident in HK on a dependant visa. She is >60 and vaccinated in the UK with AZ. She would be due her booster in the uk whilst she’s in HK. She’d like to get her booster here if possible, so she’s better protected when she travels back to the uk. Does anyone know if this is likely to be possible?
    I think she should make a booking through the usual channel. Here is the government flyer and it says that you simply need to ask the doctor on site if you've received two doses of a different vaccine overseas as to the suitability for a Pfizer booster shot:

https://www.covidvaccine.gov.hk/pdf/...se.pdf?noembed
    Last edited by shri; 06-11-2021 at 04:31 PM.
    shri likes this.

Quick flawless efficient plus helpful and polite service. Top notch 3rd dose BioNTech vaccination today

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast