Like Tree163Likes

3rd Dose For Everyone - 1/1/22 & After Effects

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

I had it a couple of weeks ago. Arm achey for a few days, didn't get the intense second day fatigue that I got with the second dose. Rest of the dangle got it last Thursday. All OK.

Had Sinovac for 1st & 2nd doses (the possible mainland travel thing), and in order not to stress those around me ('cos am now definitely a "senior" and overweight). I went and got a Biontech booster yesterday.

Injection site sore for several hours; no other side effects thus far.

Had it done at Yau Oi; nobody even tried to speak English with me, although I noticed that they did so with a few south Asians attending.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    No, it is not made in China and I don't think its even used in China publically. Fosun has licensed the vaccine for distribution and at some point in the future it may get license to manufacture (or may be it has but has not setup the facilities / started production).

Bottom line - Sinovac if you need to travel to China.
    Oh right, I was under the impression it was made by Fosun in license. Anyway, didn't do the 3rd shot yet and may opt for the Sinofac brew then after I see more facts about China travel for APEC cards and after they become reality. So far it just seems 'talk' and can be a few month away. By which time all known rules may change again.

Original Post Deleted
    Yup. Thats a risk I am willing to take. I am done with the virus measures. If theres a huge local outbreak then border controls are no longer necessary and then relaxed. A scenario I honestly dont mind. Plus it will give pressure to those unvaxed to get their jab.

Quote Originally Posted by junichitsuyo:
    I heard from a freind that you are eligible to get the booster shot if you have been fully vaccinated for at least for 6 months, and you are traveling soon (don't have to be over 60 or in any other priority groups). So I got my booster shot on Saturday, and they only asked if I am in priority groups or traveling soon, and didn't even check my etickets.
    That's good to know. Though it seems if under 60 and want to to use travel as a reason then can only do walk-in, as the online booking system doesn't seem to have travel as one of the category boxes to tick.

This booster thingy does seem to work ... TBD how effective it will be against Omicron. I suspect it will work.

Those boosted with Pfizer after two doses of AstraZeneca had antibody levels a month later nearly 25 times higher than controls. When the Pfizer booster was given following two Pfizer shots, antibody levels rose more than eightfold.

The most potent booster in the study was a full dose of the Moderna vaccine, which raised antibody levels 32-fold in the AstraZeneca group and 11-fold in the Pfizer group. When Moderna is used in the UK booster programme, it is given at a half-dose.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ty-trial-finds
    chuckster007 and Baklava like this.

Interval between 2nd and 3rd dose is at least 180 days

Persons aged 60 or above

Healthcare workers

Workers at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational setting (e.g. personnel participating in anti-epidemic related work; personnel providing cross-boundary transportation or working at control points and ports)

Persons with chronic illnesses

Persons under age 60 who have received two doses of Sinovac vaccine
    I just chose "Persons with chronic illnesses" to do my booking and in the 2nd page chose "Others"

Since our MNC got cyber attacked and Im working from home, I might as well get the booster shot.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    This booster thingy does seem to work ... TBD how effective it will be against Omicron. I suspect it will work.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ty-trial-finds
    You mean you're not sure?

I get it, it's short hand language for 'positive'.

It's the word 'suspect' that makes me cringe. That society is so conditioned into such ridiculous over cautiousness that they aren't prepared to say with any confidence that it will 'reduce covid'

Omnicron is another classic example of people overhyping an everyday phenomenon. Viruses constantly mutate - obviously. The basic mechanisms of how they are controlled don't suddenly alter with the emergence of variations.

Effectiveness of vaccines rises and falls depending on strains but when people talk in binary language about this stuff, we get nonsensical knee jerk reactions and child-like assessments.

Of course it will work - reduce transmission mostly - not that that matters for those vaccinated, but it'll also reduce symptoms - thumbs up elderly).

Of course it won't eradicate covid from the planet overnight.

Lets hope HK doesn't continue to be so dumb that they indefinitely view covid through such a binary prism.

At least we haven't seen any of this in HK (yet) ...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-...5KW5N4LEGRKWY/

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast