Like Tree122Likes

The Great Cathay Quarantine of 2021...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I refuse to believe that if we were 90 percent plus vaxxed that we would see this imposed on pilots so yes I’m my opinion there’s a direct correlation.
    That doesn't seem a logical conclusion. All the time the government supports "zero covid" policies it doesn't really matter if 10% or 90% are vaccinated

Can some translate or provide some local context to this whole "No soup, no water" phrase?

對於有報道指,國泰航空收緊機組人 返港豁免檢疫期間醫學觀察活動指引 海外機組人員回港首3天每日最多離 兩小時進行指定活動,何栢良直言新 施極之奇怪、違反邏輯。他指出,家 居隔離並非有效措施,隔離期間亦有 會傳染家人,而家人的活動又不受限 ,形容措施是 唔湯唔水
    DeepL translates this to:

In response to reports that Cathay Pacific has tightened the guidelines for medical observation activities during quarantine exemptions for crew members returning to Hong Kong, and that overseas crew members will be away from home for a maximum of two hours a day for the first three days of their return to Hong Kong for specified activities, Mr. Ho said the new measure is extremely strange and defies logic. He pointed out that home isolation is not an effective measure, and there is a chance that family members may be infected during the isolation period, while the activities of family members are not restricted.
    Last edited by shri; 16-11-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    There’s going to be a breaking point very soon. The stress that pilots and other aircrew must be under at the moment is enormous. I’m not sure many people on here understand exactly what it entails in the current environment but let’s just say by comparison all of the ridiculous measures, testing, Penny Bay, Close contacts etc pale into insignificance.

These people are now virtual prisoners whether it is in short term QT on arrival plus waiting for the arrival test result. Then they are almost prisoners in their own homes andthey have regular testing every 3 days. There are no testing facilities for them in DB

if you’d asked me 2 years ago whether I had any sympathy for pilots, especially Cathay pilots I would have laughed. Now I am seriously concerned for their welfare, their families welfare and the welfare of passengers. I can genuinely see a disaster happening.

Short term base relocation for months at a time alleviates some of the issues but is also a life and family changing decision.

Meanwhile the unvaxxed continue to laugh at it all.
    I was thinking exactly the same thing :what's their mental state like??? repeatedly doing quarantine and all the family stresses that entails .

I wonder if there will be shortages of supplies
    Maybe good to stock up on perishables that come via Germany.

Three Cathay cargo pilots sacked for having a life and being unlucky.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...abChangeable=0

hongkong7 and MABinPengChau like this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Three Cathay cargo pilots sacked for having a life and being unlucky.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...abChangeable=0
    A lot of their colleagues were sent to quarantine because they didn’t admit they’d been out in Germany. Cathay thought the hotel was a vector.

One pilot is married and one has a partner so I wonder if the real motivation for not admitting where they’ve been was fear of the missus.
    qhank, hongkong7 and MatthieuTofu like this.

Instead, I am curious about the nationality of these 3 pilots. Cathay’s dismissal was pretty easy this time, and they don’t seem to worry about vacancies.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    A lot of their colleagues were sent to quarantine because they didn’t admit they’d been out in Germany. Cathay thought the hotel was a vector.

One pilot is married and one has a partner so I wonder if the real motivation for not admitting where they’ve been was fear of the missus.

"As a result of these findings, we have requested the government to review the decision to place certain groups into government quarantine," the spokeswoman added, describing the Frankfurt cases as isolated incidents.
    Sounds more like they are being thrown under the bus so that Cathay can have the other 120 crew members released early.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Sounds more like they are being thrown under the bus so that Cathay can have the other 120 crew members released early.
    They must have some pretty solid evidence for taking this action. The question is who snitched on them?

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:

Yes, theunvaxxed are obviously the problem here.

Just like the other end of this spectrum saying we would reopen when the rest of Asia did.

How much closer are we to reopening to the world with this again?
    Yes, they are indeed an integral part of the problem. Every conspiracy theorist, naysayer, and wait-and-seer who sowed doubt on and offline earlier this year are now driving infections/hospitalizations and extending the pandemic into 2022.

In HK they should be thankful to the gov for their zero-covid policy as it's kept their ignorant asses alive. We'll never know where the world would be at this moment in time largely thanks to these folks.

Quote Originally Posted by qhank:
    They must have some pretty solid evidence for taking this action. The question is who snitched on them?
    WTF are you jabbering about? Evidence, you mean like science and the like? Out the window ages ago. That's why there's a woman in QT now AFTER 30 days in hospital, asymptomatic the whole time!
    Last edited by Cornmeal; 18-11-2021 at 08:23 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast