• The damn unvaccinated!

13 24.53%
  • The close contacts needing quarantine

0 0%
Like Tree222Likes

Vaccinated cargo pilots spark quarantine

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

We all owe a thank you to the cargo pilots for brining in another million German vaccines.

Oh the irony of how the government thanks them...

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    We all owe a thank you to the cargo pilots for brining in another million German vaccines.

Oh the irony of how the government thanks them...
    Brilliant :
    they should be getting the' bauhinia' medal instead they get a poke in the nose and imprisoned indefinitely

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    Brilliant :
    they should be getting the' bauhinia' medal instead they get a poke in the nose and imprisoned indefinitely
    I can't help but wonder if the 3 that got fired were indeed flying in the vaccine. If so, I sure as hell would hope this leaks...

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    I can't help but wonder if the 3 that got fired were indeed flying in the vaccine.
    That would be rather tricky, considering the vaccines arrived this morning and the 3 pilots have been back in HK for a week.
    Elegiaque likes this.

Another two pilots testing preliminary positive whilst under medical surveillance.

https://twitter.com/tripperhead/stat...962467842?s=21

It will be a relief for Omicron to get into the community. I’ve heeded the advice, I’ve had three shots. Let’s go!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary 2:
    It will be a relief for Omicron to get into the community. I’ve heeded the advice, I’ve had three shots. Let’s go!
    Apart from the knee jerk reaction and measures that will be taken by the authorities I’m right with you on this. A few weeks of over the top restrictions while HK catches up with the rest of the world assessment and maybe they’ll start looking at Covid from a scientific basis. Edited to state I’ve just realised the futility of the last statement!

I’m treading on daily eggshells for either a flight ban or UK country ban before I arrive back on 3rd January. I’m on Finnair which was a beautiful choice before BA pulled out then Virgin and Cathay got banned. Now Finnair seem to be taking most of the rebookings as pretty much the only route with one short stopover, though I think I’m right in saying Lufthansa is a stay on the plane at Bangkok touch and go. There are US transit options but that is a T plus 2 from departure and minimum 30 hours. I’ve done as much as possible to avoid contact even forgoing Boxing Day football for the first time in 32 years (ignoring last season’s fan ban) but I can’t account for my extended family and I can’t account for other passengers.

Once Omi breaks into the community, and it will, the biggest issue I think they will face is how to deal with asymptomatic cases. They sure as hell won’t have the capacity to hospitalise them all and imprison close contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Once Omi breaks into the community, and it will, the biggest issue I think they will face is how to deal with asymptomatic cases. They sure as hell won’t have the capacity to hospitalise them all and imprison close contacts.
    Once Omi breaks into the community, the carnage will be so bad nobody has time to think about and deal with asymptomatic cases.
    greenmark and Mrs. Jones like this.

Speaking of eggshells today’s press conference could be interesting. 3 day hotel QT for Cargo pilots for starters. They only need to put two simple measures in. Mandatory vaccinations (or totally restrict the movements of the unvaxxed from 1st January if mandatory is a step too far) and removal of medical licenses for doctors proven to give out fraudulent exemptions

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast