Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By D.YU
  • 1 Post By shri

Nov 2021 - 1M doses of Pfizer/BioNTech Vaccines Arrive

Closed Thread

Nov 2021 - 1M doses of Pfizer/BioNTech Vaccines Arrive

Looks like the third dose boosters for less than 60 year olds might get rolled out sooner than expected.

The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government announced today (November 19) that it has purchased 1 million extra doses of the Comirnaty vaccine for the implementation of third dose COVID-19 vaccination. Together with the 7.5 million doses that have arrived earlier, 8.5 million doses of the Comirnaty vaccine have been purchased in total. The new batch of the vaccine, manufactured by BioNTech and filled and finished at a plant in Baxter of Germany, arrived in Hong Kong this morning as arranged by Fosun Pharma.
    https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...1111900376.htm

The local media is quick to point this out..

The labels of the bottles of this batch of vaccines contain English and Simplified Chinese, but the batches are manufactured and packaged in Germany by the same manufacturer and factory with the same specifications.

they better not waste 8.5 million doses !!

I aint getting my third dose if there arent any concrete covid restriction/quarantine changes. Many people, including myself, were deceived with false hope of travel restriction ease.

Tandy likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I don't think its necessary until and unless you need to travel. In my case I hope to get the booster, about 3-4 weeks before leaving on a trip.
    Tandy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I don't think its necessary until and unless you need to travel. In my case I hope to get the booster, about 3-4 weeks before leaving on a trip.
    I agree to get my third jab if I do travel.

But I wont travel given the ridiculous 3 weeks self funded jail time. So ultimately, I see no point in getting the 3rd jab. Its more of a silent protest against the ridiculous quarantine rules.