Like Tree58Likes

Mainland: Where would you go, if you could?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Would only go if I needed to for work, not willing to risk getting quarantined on the mainland, followed by a quarantine in HK or TW (wherever I head after the Mainland).

Totally not worth it.

Also could get trapped in whatever new virus is currently festering (imagine those lucky bastards who got locked down in Wuhan for several months...). Or bird flu, that seems to making a comeback. Nope, not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Poor indeed..

Never been, the one work opportunity canned at the last minute (would have been close to the Terracotta Army).

No plan to go there for the foreseeable future if ever until there is a regime change.

Mrs. Jones and FrancisX like this.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    If there was some guarantee that quarantine free travel will be maintained I would probably go somewhere like Hainan. Could at least pretend I'm on an international vacation.
    Quarantine free travel will only be to Shenzhen/Guangdong, so you wouldn't be going to Hainan. Even with guarantees

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Quarantine free travel will only be to Shenzhen/Guangdong, so you wouldn't be going to Hainan. Even with guarantees
    Here is an interesting side fact. Hainan was once part of Guangdong, but it was decided by Beijing that it should be spun off to become its own province in 1988.

In the imperial/dynastic era, the island was a remote and little known frontier post where Chinese were sent for exile or banishment for offending the emperor. Sort of like a tropical version of Siberia gulags.

Given its humid and typhoon-prone climate, the island was fairly underdeveloped until the last 25 years or so. Today it enjoys a reputation among mainlanders as China's version of Hawaii, a tropical resort paradise.
    Last edited by Coolboy; 23-11-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Sadly everyone who answered is screwed then

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    The government is now hinting that lifting of quarantine restrictions for travel to and from the mainland is approaching for HK. Ok then, the next obvious question is, where will you go to on the mainland if you can travel there?
    Visit the concentration camps!
    blandy62 likes this.

I was only going there for work. now work is still fine without going there. So why would I even want to go there again...

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari:
    Visit the concentration camps!
    I...don't think they wil allow you...unless you are talking about a one way visit. You go there but don't come out ..gulp!

Quote Originally Posted by blandy62:
    I was only going there for work. now work is still fine without going there. So why would I even want to go there again...
    To see another side of the country outside of work of course...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast