Like Tree46Likes

JPM to pay upto HK$ 39K for Quarantine Expenses...

Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cramped island
    Posts
    4,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    Well most roles in the banks still have 2 weeks mandatory leave so it should be ok...
    you want to spend that 2wks mandatory for vacation, not for Q.. imagine if you travel to japan for 10 days plus 14 days q, talking about 20 days leave you have to take (plus weekend) if company doesn't allow WFH

  2. #32

    I guess I'm just a 'glass half full' kind of guy. The offer is better than nothing. Different people have different priorities and what they can/cannot accept. This offer would certainly be an enabler to many people. And to many people who would be 'going home' to see family anyways the amount is not insubstantial so I think it really is helpful/meaningful.


    You're right that if someone were not flying overseas due to the QT period, this isn't impactful. But it's a benefit so it's not something you 'have' to use, but it's something that is nice to have. Like CSR leave, or medical insurance.


    And i'm sure JPM and MS allows WFH unless you're a trader or something, in which case I'm sure there'd be some sort of arrangement in any case to enable this. If the driver of this benefit is retention, then people will make this work.






    Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    you want to spend that 2wks mandatory for vacation, not for Q.. imagine if you travel to japan for 10 days plus 14 days q, talking about 20 days leave you have to take (plus weekend) if company doesn't allow WFH
    alexdown likes this.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    964
    Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    Like, all of them safe for Upper House? I've been browsing a bit and it is amazing where prices are right now - 1.5K/night for a suite in the Hyatt Regency. Or do they charge way more for quarantine?
    Last time I had to quarantine was admittedly almost a year ago...I postponed three months but the affordable ones were never available. Also, cost for a family of 2-4 is higher than single..unless most JPM "director level or below" in HK are single? if that's the case I'll shut up

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    22,465
    Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    you want to spend that 2wks mandatory for vacation, not for Q.. imagine if you travel to japan for 10 days plus 14 days q, talking about 20 days leave you have to take (plus weekend) if company doesn't allow WFH
    You aren't coming to Japan.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,741
    Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Ha ha what do you think? Not only are some of them charging more than their previous rack rates many (not just a few) are demanding full payment up front and far too many have got almost impossible refund policies with the Government saying not their issue if you need to cancel or amend. And not just that, try finding a QT alternative at very short notice and it is almost impossible. A disgusting state of affairs all round
    Genuine question - why don't more hotels offer quarantine then? Is that 'awarded' by the powers that be? The rates that I see bookable locally are mattress run territory - less than half of what they used to be

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,905
    Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    Genuine question - why don't more hotels offer quarantine then? Is that 'awarded' by the powers that be? The rates that I see bookable locally are mattress run territory - less than half of what they used to be
    A guess
    There is a limited demand for quarantine over the whole year (although there might be peaks at Christmas and other times of the year). It is better for a hotel to operate at 90%+ occupancy rather than 50%. Many of the hotels are parts of groups rather than operated individually. Therefore, for them it makes sense to limit availability of quarantine hotels (and have high occupancy in those hotels), and either reduce staffing in other hotels / close them down, or keep staff, but increase occupancy by having special deals (stay vacations / birthday rooms etc.) in the other hotels.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    964
    Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    A guess
    There is a limited demand for quarantine over the whole year (although there might be peaks at Christmas and other times of the year). It is better for a hotel to operate at 90%+ occupancy rather than 50%. Many of the hotels are parts of groups rather than operated individually. Therefore, for them it makes sense to limit availability of quarantine hotels (and have high occupancy in those hotels), and either reduce staffing in other hotels / close them down, or keep staff, but increase occupancy by having special deals (stay vacations / birthday rooms etc.) in the other hotels.
    A lot of the quarantine hotels are not really the "staycation" type...
    Morrison and mrgoodkat like this.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sai Kung
    Posts
    2,773
    Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    Genuine question - why don't more hotels offer quarantine then? Is that 'awarded' by the powers that be? The rates that I see bookable locally are mattress run territory - less than half of what they used to be
    My guess is that the logistics of operating to govt QT requirements are too much of a stretch despite the government guarantee around occupancy rates. Availability is an issue all year round but clearly 3 to 4 times tougher this time of year.

    This is another issue already forcing people to face rebooking.refund issues as per one of my earlier comments unless they can get another airline on same route same arrival day

    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...gtype=homepage

  9. #39

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,981
    Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    Like, all of them safe for Upper House? I've been browsing a bit and it is amazing where prices are right now - 1.5K/night for a suite in the Hyatt Regency. Or do they charge way more for quarantine?
    The Hyatt Regency isn't a quarantine hotel. The Courtyard by Marriott charges 1,280 for a standard Harbor View room, Crowne Plaza is 1,488 for a Superior Room. The Fourpoints charges 1,680 for a Superior Room. A standard room at the Landmark Mandarin is 3,600, suites start at 9k
    alexdown likes this.

Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4