Like Tree87Likes

Selfish Masks, HEPA Filters and ...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by binance345:
    I take off my mask outdoors as well, and I don't really care about people who still wear masks outdoors because it's their choice and it doesn't affect others. In fact, the law has relevant requirements, I do not blame them.

I understand that some people think that the over-reliance on masks and the failure to further increase the rate of vaccination is the reason for the delay in opening the border. But think in this way, even if the vaccination rate in Hong Kong is raised to 100% and everyone gives up using masks, will the hk government open up the border? Absolutely not. The point is the Chinese central government's stance, and that is a decision that no one can change, no matter what we do.
    Perhaps you should consider the situation from an alternative angle?

Who made and continues to make the mask mandate? - Carrie Lam's govt.
    Who enforces the mask mandate? - The police
    Who gets upset when the mandate is flouted?    - The unvaccinated (And some on Geo ;-)
    Who is put in danger when the mandate is flouted? - No one.

Which of the above groups are you seeking to protect?

Quote Originally Posted by binance345:
    I think that sometimes it is necessary to accept the stances of some people in the world that we cannot understand. For example, those who are unvaxxed. They are not unique to Hong Kong. Looking at the data of Germany, Austria and the US, their cases and deaths are much more serious than Hong Kong, but their vaccination rate is still similar to HK, so even if you flee Hong Kong, you have to face these unvaxxed, they are almost nowhere. Not just here. Instead of wasting time with these people, there are only 24 hours a day, I would rather spend time doing something more precious and worthwhile.
    I Agree completely.

I never demand anyone remove their mask. I never demand anyone get vaccinated.

I have a red line I won't cross: I won't wear a mask to satisfy an idiot or a hypocrite.

A taxi driver stepping out of his car, not wearing a mask, and suddenly surrounded by some kind of government official. Or am I misunderstanding this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpMaQuYo8bI

shri likes this.

Iff there’s no video,it didn’t happen.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    In the real world all the passengers would have had their phones out and the videos of the crazy foreigner would be all over social media.

If them 'perts suggest something humane it's sedition or something...

If their 'perts suggest *banning* something,...

https://twitter.com/RTHK_/status/1463511481329143815

I will follow the advice of bona fide scientists, but all that eagerness to ban anything organic or inorganic...

I don't think I could make it in the world as a "communist"...

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    A taxi driver stepping out of his car, not wearing a mask, and suddenly surrounded by some kind of government official. Or am I misunderstanding this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpMaQuYo8bI
    Those are tobacco control people, you can see the taxi driver coming out of his taxi with a fag in his hand. serves him right to get ticketed, smoking in his taxi is naughty and to walk out holding a fag in a bus terminus is also a no no, thats why those tobacco people are there trying to catch offenders. 1500 fine for the idiot.
    shri, drumbrake, hullexile and 4 others like this.

Have you worn a surgical mask and walk pass a smoker. The smoke just traps in your mask and is suffocating. I don't see the surgical mask filtering out the smoke particles.

Did anybody read about the Botswana Strain in HK ? I haven't come across it in the scmp yet.

"The B. 1.1529 variant – which is expected to be dubbed the Nu strain – was first detected in Botswana, Africa, on November 11. Three days later it had spread to South Africa, before jumping to Hong Kong after a 36-year-old man who had recently visited South Africa tested positive in quarantine upon his return on November 13.Strain could be ‘worse than Delta’
    In his initial notes, Dr Peacock stated that the fact the strain had spread to Asia “implies this might be more widespread than sequences alone would imply”, and that “the extremely long branch length and incredibly high amount of spike mutations suggest this could be of real concern”.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    Did anybody read about the Botswana Strain in HK ? I haven't come across it in the scmp yet.

"[FONT="]The B. 1.1529 variant – which is expected to be dubbed the Nu strain – was first detected in Botswana, Africa, on November 11. T[/FONT][FONT="]hree days later it had spread to South Africa, before jumping to Hong Kong after a 36-year-old man who had recently visited South Africa tested positive in quarantine upon his return on November 13.[/FONT][FONT="]Strain could be ‘worse than Delta’[/FONT]
    In his initial notes, Dr Peacock stated that the fact the strain had spread to Asia “implies this might be more widespread than sequences alone would imply”, and that “the extremely long branch length and incredibly high amount of spike mutations suggest this could be of real concern”.
    Lots of coverage via Google. As you say one case in Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    I Agree completely.

I never demand anyone remove their mask. I never demand anyone get vaccinated.

I have a red line I won't cross: I won't wear a mask to satisfy an idiot or a hypocrite.
    You make very valid points and I agree.

For me I just consider that the average Joe security or Karen bus driver that's enforcing this nonsense just want to get through their workday minimum of fuss and stress .
    So to make life easier for them I comply .
    It sticks in my craw to do what Carrie Lam and crew tell me to do Tho..
    The average mask is getting changed once a week : lots are a health hazard now swarming with nasties
    Sage and AsianXpat0 like this.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast