Like Tree87Likes

Selfish Masks, HEPA Filters and ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Most of us have developed some level.of social skills where we learn to fit in and consider the feelings of others. Some are still Neanderthal in their thinking.
    Yes feelings are definitely more important than facts
    Sage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Both are important don't you think. Most of us can combine the two. If you see someone who is ugly that is a fact, telling them they are ugly is factual but stupid.
    TheBrit and Rayzilla like this.

Both are important don't you think. Most of us can combine the two. If you see someone who is ugly that is a fact, telling them they are ugly is factual but stupid.
    That is obviously a feeling. Eye of the beholder and such

That is obviously a feeling. Eye of the beholder and such
    Whatever. I will continue to live respecting both facts (like covid is not less than flu) and feelings. If you want to ignore one or both then makes no difference to me

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    You make very valid points and I agree.

For me I just consider that the average Joe security or Karen bus driver that's enforcing this nonsense just want to get through their workday minimum of fuss and stress .
    So to make life easier for them I comply .
    It sticks in my craw to do what Carrie Lam and crew tell me to do Tho..
    The average mask is getting changed once a week : lots are a health hazard now swarming with nasties
    Agree. I rarely wear a mask when outside (I live in a relatively low density area) and sometimes will take off on bus. But if someone as part of their job (shopkeeper, bus driver, security, whatever) asks me to wear a mask, I'd rather slip one on that turn into Hong Kong Karen about it.

Think I've worn my current mask for about 3 weeks It's all for show - to make other feel less intimidated.
    hongkong7 likes this.

Whatever. I will continue to live respecting both facts (like covid is not less than flu) and feelings. If you want to ignore one or both then makes no difference to me
    Good, I'll ignore your feelings on the matter then as well as the other 10% that feel it's their place to enforce mindless rules on everyone to justify their own insecurities and do what I feel is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Good, I'll ignore your feelings on the matter then as well as the other 10% that feel it's their place to enforce mindless rules on everyone to justify their own insecurities and do what I feel is right.
    I think a much better way to enable the small minority to feel less intimidated is to challenge their irrationality in a completely 'risk free' way, rather then constantly pander to their ignorance.

Teach a man to fish and all that.
    Last edited by Sage; 26-11-2021 at 10:31 PM.

Most normal, well adjusted successful people know that both facts and feelings are important in life. Blindly adhering to either extreme of only facts or feelings matter tends to make a person sound like a like an extremist.

Strange how most of your super right wing buddies tend to think their feelings on vaccines are more important that the facts when you verge to the opposite extreme.

I see the fantasist Tram Twat is posting again. I wonder what bollocks he is making up today!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9