Like Tree186Likes

Nov 2021 - New 'Omicron' Mutants are Coming..

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Actually not quite true. Highly lethal viruses, like Ebola, will disappear quicker given the severity and immediate symptoms (bed ridden/hospitalized immediately).

Covid19 is hard to deal with because the symptoms take time to show up and people can go around spreading the virus with little to no symptoms.
    Yes if a super lethal variant emerges hard lock downs will come into play but that is not the best outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    So Sophia Chan said any country that records an Omicron case will go on the Category A list.

So I suppose if there is even 1 case in Australia, UK, Singapore etc then all those countries go on the 21 day list...? What a joke!
    Yep, and as every country will have at least one case now, or shortly hereafter, I think it’s a safe bet to assume that all countries will require 21 days quarantine soon. Welcome to the shitshow. But hey, who knows, maybe the border to China will open soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardstorm:
    Yep, and as every country will have at least one case now, or shortly hereafter, I think it’s a safe bet to assume that all countries will require 21 days quarantine soon. Welcome to the shitshow. But hey, who knows, maybe the border to China will open soon.
    But there won't be enough room in Penny's Bay for that many people...what a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    But there won't be enough room in Penny's Bay for that many people...what a mess.
    That’s quite allright though as pretty soon all major airlines will suspend services to Hong Kong as they cannot maintain their operational schedule with crews being sent to quarantine. So the influx of people will dry up in the coming weeks / months.

Hmm, New York (state) just declared a state of emergency so that they can preserve hospital capacity and eliminate various elective procedures. NY was hit pretty hard in the first round or two of covid, guessing they're a little gun-shy right now when they hear "new variant."

https://us.yahoo.com/news/york-decla...074026369.html

Looks like the overreactions continue...!

If community outbreak occurs in the UK, your first week incoming would be Penny's Bay like the African countries.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...abChangeable=0

Yet again they have not thought this through. I need to check on the capacity of Penny Bay and the daily arrivals numbers but I can’t help feeling the vast majority of arrivals are going to end up as 7 days PB and they’re going to have to think of a plan B, such as the facility in Sai Kung which is effectively mothballed and responsible for shutting down a major outdoor leisure area

It still irks me that UAE is Cat A With nominal daily numbers and Austria and Germany are not on that high risk list.

Germany stays low risk until Merkel leaves office. Politics.

Penny Bay will be full with one day's arrivals if they try to stick with using it for anywhere with Omicron... It is very clearly out and on its way to becoming prevalent everywhere in Europe and North America by now. Hopefully the trend for mild symptoms being reported holds out.

China sending 1 billion vaccine doses to Africa, guess China is getting nervous about mutations. Not sure which one it is Sinopharm/Sinovac whatever. Let's see if it's effective against omicron...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...g-b968931.html

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast