Like Tree186Likes

Nov 2021 - New 'Omicron' Mutants are Coming..

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

It's an uncharacteristically moderate response to only put the countries in Group A rather than to outright ban. Progress of sorts.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Do you think the covid will be more problematic if more HIV patients catch it? Just more problematic for the individual or potentially new mutations? I think I am reading your message incorrectly, but it sounds like HIV and Covid could create a new super HIV virus that spreads in the air! Now that is something terrifying.
    You could substitute HIV patient for cancer patient, organ transplantee, or anyone taking immunosuppressive drugs. It's the reduced ability to kill off the virus or to suppress it to stop it mutating.
    BCD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Don't get me wrong, vaccination is essential to keep the hospitals empty. But high vaccination rate does not not exclude high infection rate, look at Ireland. Vaccination rate >80% , 7 day moving average rate ~650/100k

That's very high. I don't follow Hong Kong anymore, but I believe our 7 day rate is well, well below 1, if not below 0.1

And sure we should take serious precautions about new strains.
    Vaccinations modify behaviour and behaviour is the biggest determinant of virus spread.
    AsianXpat0 likes this.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/sci-tec...riant/47144750

10 days quarantine for HK travellers to Switzerland.
    qhank likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:

Ha ha, it's only fair that those HK twats get a taste of their own medicine, after it's been massively preventing people from other countries from visiting HK.
    qhank likes this.

That's what you get for reporting every infection caught in quarantine as if it would matter.
    Gatts, MABinPengChau, Sage and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Of course it can't be contained, moronic to even suggest it might have been.
    You can't think of any glaring counterexamples to this poorly thought through statement?

Quote Originally Posted by rs4:
    What is who?
    World Health Organisation

They should create a specific rule where if you come from HK it's 21 days quarantine. But if you work for the government it's 90 days in jail condition with only rice and bland food. And also make sure they get their 20 covid tests from their own pockets.
    timothwc, Gatts, hongkong7 and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Of course it can't be contained, moronic to even suggest it might have been.

Have you literally learned nothing in these 2 years?

Classic endemic viral evolution, welcome to the latest incarnation of the annual flu.

Now shut up and get back to work.
    Exactly what happens with flu and all known viruses and bacteria hell even headlice are mostly resistant to BB lotion now .
    Any way as someone else pointed out its looking more and more like the flu - so i had my flu tetravalent last month with four strains
    Looks like the bright boys and girls better get working on ?trivalent ?tetravalent covid booster.
    Lets hope molnupiravir stays reasonably effective across strains as an outpatient treatment ( including post exposure prophylaxis ) exactly like tamiflu has been used for years.
    Anyway interesting data form singapore's endemicity drive -seems they are on the right track basically , learning to live with and to manage it as a less lethal flu.
    Wish people would stop talking about the 'mother of satan VOC' recombination between HIV & SARS COV2 - come on guys thats giving me the wim wams lol
    Sage likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast