Like Tree1007Likes

Jan 2022 - COVID-19 Omicron wave?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kittykaitak:
    I went past the concert venue yesterday- open air but close seating, all those people using the same toilets can’t be a great idea either. Also, police barricades up well before needed so that crossing Queen’s road between Landmark and M&S was like a crowded sheep pen.

Then I got on a packed bus and figured we are all doomed regardless
    The MTR was atrocious. Was heading back on the Tung Chung Line after having attended neither of the concerts. Got mixed in with the concert-goers regardless. Trains every 10 minutes despite a concert at both HK and Kowloon stations
    kittykaitak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykaitak:
    I went past the concert venue yesterday- open air but close seating, all those people using the same toilets can’t be a great idea either. Also, police barricades up well before needed so that crossing Queen’s road between Landmark and M&S was like a crowded sheep pen.

Then I got on a packed bus and figured we are all doomed regardless
    A portion of the unvaccinated might be doomed, we just have to survive the shit show response to this.

Just need cases to go super nuclear quickly, then there'll be less shit show response.

Today 5 cases, tomorrow 100, the day after 1000, and the day after that 10,000 and PB/hospitals as a requirement for close contacts and asymptomatic cases will be off the list. Heck maybe even non-serious symptomatic cases.

rathunt likes this.

Note the anagram of Omicron is Moronic

THe latest variant spreads 70 times faster than Delta in the bronchii but has significantly less effect on the lungs

https://www.med.hku.hk/en/news/press...ov-2-infection

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    Just need cases to go super nuclear quickly, then there'll be less shit show response.

Today 5 cases, tomorrow 100, the day after 1000, and the day after that 10,000 and PB/hospitals as a requirement for close contacts and asymptomatic cases will be off the list. Heck maybe even non-serious symptomatic cases.
    Never underestimate the will of the govt to stick to their guns. Not enough staff- no problem: draft in the PLA. Not enough beds- expand PB.
    Elegiaque, Gatts, rs4 and 2 others like this.

rs4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    A portion of the unvaccinated might be doomed, we just have to survive the shit show response to this.
    Well, yes, that’s my point! It is very much the shit show that is the impending doom!
    Cornmeal and Baklava like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Never underestimate the will of the govt to stick to their guns. Not enough staff- no problem: draft in the PLA. Not enough beds- expand PB.
    Ignore the app, stock up, and stay home. It shouldn't take very long.

Oh dear...
    Another year of online "learning"...??! I won't survive this... Nope

blandy62 and Baklava like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Seems like Omicron is very good at spreading or the ventilation system was as bad as at Mr Ming's at K11 Musea (or more likely, both).
    https://twitter.com/tripperhead/stat...11565787160577
    Latest LTN (Ma On Shan) is linked to the diner in the private room at Moon Palace.
    https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...2010100617.htm

https://twitter.com/tripperhead/stat...87569608040448

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast