Like Tree1007Likes

Jan 2022 - COVID-19 Omicron wave?

Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 46 ... LastLast

Getting back to the thread topic (as there is already a 10 page thread about schools), it seems the CHP is pushing forward with this new categorization of everyone linked to an imported case is also an imported case. Yesterday 0 local/21 imported.

Looking over the map I see a bunch of places in Tai Po over the last few days (besides Mei Sun house). It's difficult to see where others are in the city due to the QT hotels everywhere (could add a coloured ring to distinguish them from residences and businesses etc.)

In other 'social media news' there is an incident of 2 people sharing their QT hotel after being released from PB and the next day one of them is +! They were released despite their test results not being back yet! So now one is off to hospital and the other back to PB along with (I'm assuming) the entire floor of that hotel. Quite the safety measure that initial 4 days at PB is turning out to be.

FYI, the friends sat apart on the plane to avoid this type of situation (although not sure it would be enough unless they had no contact prior to the flight as well).

shri and statman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    Getting back to the thread topic (as there is already a 10 page thread about schools), it seems the CHP is pushing forward with this new categorization of everyone linked to an imported case is also an imported case. Yesterday 0 local/21 imported.

Looking over the map I see a bunch of places in Tai Po over the last few days (besides Mei Sun house). It's difficult to see where others are in the city due to the QT hotels everywhere (could add a coloured ring to distinguish them from residences and businesses etc.)

In other 'social media news' there is an incident of 2 people sharing their QT hotel after being released from PB and the next day one of them is +! They were released despite their test results not being back yet! So now one is off to hospital and the other back to PB along with (I'm assuming) the entire floor of that hotel. Quite the safety measure that initial 4 days at PB is turning out to be.

FYI, the friends sat apart on the plane to avoid this type of situation (although not sure it would be enough unless they had no contact prior to the flight as well).
    It is a completely meaningless, administratively burdensome and no doubt expensive process in relation to incoming travellers with perhaps 3 benefits.

1 Save on 4 days hotel QT costs
    2 You get fresh air when arriving at PB and being processed, through the front and back opening windows of the cell and about an hour outside on check out for admin before getting on the transport to QT hotel at which point you are carted straight into hotel. I have 4 opening windows and air con off so I’m better than many
    3 The Indian meat menu was fantastic
    vmlinuz and z754103 like this.

see pictures like this makes me really LOL

You get the LCSD and Police nazis picking on helpers telling them 4 to a group only but now that many people are getting the mandatory test notification, they all go and line up for hours all bunched up together, some of them could be a super spreader lol

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...4-20220112.htm

Makes the birthday party look socially-distanced.

Again, I say there is no tsunami/wave

42 positives out of 920,000 tests over the past 2 weeks (numbers from Bloomberg) is not a tsunami/wave

Let's see if there are more positives from the Tuen Mun testing, if not then Brother Xi's Covid shield has worked yet again

shri and R.O. like this.

Dont bother getting vaccinated until after March

a new Omicron-specific version of the vaccine would be ready by March, with doses already being manufactured.
    Now we are working on a new version of our vaccine, the 1.1, let me put it that way, that will cover Omicron as well. Of course we are waiting to have the final results, [but] the vaccine will be ready in March.
    https://www.news.com.au/technology/s...5eb0b4ae5e0c45

I've had my third. In July I'll probably be able to get my fourth. I'll keep collecting jabs for as long as they let me!

shri, z754103, vmlinuz and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    The flight attendant passed it to the pharmacy owner (who passed it to his sogo daughter...)

but both would be wearing mask and the only thing exchanged would be the pharmacist handing cx attendant the goods (not contaminated ) and the CX person handing over his money, OR credit card or handing over his octopus....which is contaminated .

??????
    OMG! MASKS ARE NOT MAGIC BARRIERS!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    see pictures like this makes me really LOL

You get the LCSD and Police nazis picking on helpers telling them 4 to a group only but now that many people are getting the mandatory test notification, they all go and line up for hours all bunched up together, some of them could be a super spreader lol

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...4-20220112.htm
    Surely these are those hit with the compulsory testing notices that aren't able to avoid complying, because I find it very difficult to believe that anyone would voluntarily go and get tested.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    It's still WAY TOO EARLY to be writing off a covid Tsunami from this 'wave'.

It's basic maths, when you multiply small numbers by themselves you get more small numbers...

Undoubtedly; HK's tracing is able to spray enough cold water to take a chunk of the accelerant out of the process, which means the early stages will be more drawn out than you impatient bunch can handle.

Yes, It's my concern too, I've been waiting for covid to rip through HK far far longer than most people on here, but whilst there is a chance that HK will beat it this time, it's definitely too soon to be making that call.

Nobody on here has any idea at all how fast the outbreaks of Omi in the ROW went from zero to 10 - the only insight any of us have is how fast it went from 1,000 to 100,000

Be patient, keep the faith, cross all your fingers, and oh yeah..... send thoughts and prayers.
    And many thanks to those Cathay staff.

Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 46 ... LastLast