Like Tree998Likes

Jan 2022 - COVID-19 Omicron wave?

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    The quarantine order states the date and time it expires. There is no requirement to process any paperwork, but logic seems to have left the city a long time ago.
    Yes that's what I thought too. I'm not sure on what legal basis they would have to keep you beyond the expiry of the order and surely the police would not be able to keep you either or they could be sued for false imprisonment. Would love to see a lawyers view on this and have someone actually challenge it in court to see if the rule of law really does still exist here!
    hongkong7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.:
    In my building, starting today - a food delivery has to be left on the ground floor, and you go down yourself to pick it up. I wonder how common this is.
    That has been the case in our building for well over a year. There was a positive delivery driver a year or so ago. Don't know how well it is enforced but there are food tables in every lobby with notices

wow, Kenneth Fok is asking for government to follow the science

"In the long run, we really want the government to scientifically evaluate the risks associated with these activities, rather than just shut everything down, every time."
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...8-20220113.htm

There is really no hope of getting a lid on this... I don't think breakfast or lunch out will be a thing over CNY either. Hopefully we will at least still have inbound supply and the right to go to the supermarket.

The only way out is through...

Quote Originally Posted by statman:
    Yes that's what I thought too. I'm not sure on what legal basis they would have to keep you beyond the expiry of the order and surely the police would not be able to keep you either or they could be sued for false imprisonment. Would love to see a lawyers view on this and have someone actually challenge it in court to see if the rule of law really does still exist here!
    The thing is when your QT order expires you have to be deregistered. Whether there is any legal basis for just leaving your place of confinement I don’t know but I’d rather not want to be the guinea pig.

The process can be summarised as follows. Within 48 hours of arrival you need to complete an online health declaration (though you can actually do that upon arrival), part of that requires you to declare a seat number for close contact identification on an arrival flight. My flight was pretty much full but for anyone arriving on a half empty flight I would say do this form on arrival. You don’t gain or lose any time because everyone on a flight gets results at the same time. When on the plane look for somewhere with 3 Empty rows and pick one of those seat numbers, otherwise you could end up with full 21 days in PB, though some close contacts are now being sent elsewhere.

The completed form gives you a QR code. For processing at HKIA the QR code is scanned and get assigned a card with a barcode on itand hey presto the start of your QT experience. You then go to another check where they validate your barcode (10 paces from where it was issued). You then go to another desk for another scan and then a mobile phone (or WhatsApp) check. Then another desk with, yes, another scan and your PCR test. Then another desk with another scan and all of your documentation is rigorously checked (this is the point where airlines will be banned for allowing passengers without the right paperwork.

This is where your QT Order will be issued. Mine stated PB and expiry at 23.59 con 21st day. They assured me that the order would be replaced when I left PB.

You are all then assigned a seat in a holding area. Two hours later the results come back. Assuming negative you go to another gate, have another scan, and then wait for train transfer back to immigration and back collection. Then through customs and onto
    A holding area for transport. Up to a window for a scan and then separate queues depending on which QT hotel you are going to. On my flight obviously everyone was PB.
    Then there was another scan before getting the lifft down for coaches to PB where your luggage is sprayed by astronauts.

Transport to PB, another scan and then onto your cell. When checking out of PB another scan, a supplemental QT order then onto the coach or minibus for transfer to QT. At QT hotel obviously another scan and validation of your QT order. The you’re given a key to your cell which contains enough reminders of the penalties for putting so much as a little toe out of The door into the hall.

You have To pre-arrange check out so that the reception isn’t crowded at midnight. Some people check out the following morning, Why? I will check out at midnight and if they say 1210 I’ll go down anyway. They can’t exactly send me back to my room.

in light of the above one 2-3 minute process of scanning and deregistering is a small step to gain freedom, fresh air and a few hours of disorientation. The first day out last Jan was certainly like this, I have another 7-1/2 days to see if I have the same this year.
    hullexile, jgl, drumbrake and 1 others like this.

no dinner over CNY. Prepare for an army of illegal bbq goers. I can see trash everywhere already. Already in the public estate around I saw a few group of old men playing Majong outside. That's gonna be interesting.

Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    The thing is when your QT order expires you have to be deregistered. Whether there is any legal basis for just leaving your place of confinement I don’t know but I’d rather not want to be the guinea pig.

The process can be summarised as follows. Within 48 hours of arrival you need to complete an online health declaration (though you can actually do that upon arrival), part of that requires you to declare a seat number for close contact identification on an arrival flight. My flight was pretty much full but for anyone arriving on a half empty flight I would say do this form on arrival. You don’t gain or lose any time because everyone on a flight gets results at the same time. When on the plane look for somewhere with 3 Empty rows and pick one of those seat numbers, otherwise you could end up with full 21 days in PB, though some close contacts are now being sent elsewhere.

The completed form gives you a QR code. For processing at HKIA the QR code is scanned and get assigned a card with a barcode on itand hey presto the start of your QT experience. You then go to another check where they validate your barcode (10 paces from where it was issued). You then go to another desk for another scan and then a mobile phone (or WhatsApp) check. Then another desk with, yes, another scan and your PCR test. Then another desk with another scan and all of your documentation is rigorously checked (this is the point where airlines will be banned for allowing passengers without the right paperwork.

This is where your QT Order will be issued. Mine stated PB and expiry at 23.59 con 21st day. They assured me that the order would be replaced when I left PB.

You are all then assigned a seat in a holding area. Two hours later the results come back. Assuming negative you go to another gate, have another scan, and then wait for train transfer back to immigration and back collection. Then through customs and onto
    A holding area for transport. Up to a window for a scan and then separate queues depending on which QT hotel you are going to. On my flight obviously everyone was PB.
    Then there was another scan before getting the lifft down for coaches to PB where your luggage is sprayed by astronauts.

Transport to PB, another scan and then onto your cell. When checking out of PB another scan, a supplemental QT order then onto the coach or minibus for transfer to QT. At QT hotel obviously another scan and validation of your QT order. The you’re given a key to your cell which contains enough reminders of the penalties for putting so much as a little toe out of The door into the hall.

You have To pre-arrange check out so that the reception isn’t crowded at midnight. Some people check out the following morning, Why? I will check out at midnight and if they say 1210 I’ll go down anyway. They can’t exactly send me back to my room.

in light of the above one 2-3 minute process of scanning and deregistering is a small step to gain freedom, fresh air and a few hours of disorientation. The first day out last Jan was certainly like this, I have another 7-1/2 days to see if I have the same this year.
    I've undergone the process when it was 14 days home quarantine and back then, your quarantine order specified the exact time and date of the expiry of the order and you were then free to cut off your wristband and go dancing in the streets. Not sure why it would be any different if you're in a hotel or PB, unless they specifically amended the relevant law.
    HK_Katherine, mrgoodkat and Sage like this.

Quote Originally Posted by statman:
    I've undergone the process when it was 14 days home quarantine and back then, your quarantine order specified the exact time and date of the expiry of the order and you were then free to cut off your wristband and go dancing in the streets. Not sure why it would be any different if you're in a hotel or PB, unless they specifically amended the relevant law.
    because at home you check yourself out at 23.59
    statman likes this.

Does he not see the irony of telling people to WEAR TWO MASKS when he his ONLY WEARING ONE ??????

JAherbert likes this.

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast