Like Tree998Likes

Jan 2022 - COVID-19 Omicron wave?

Reply
Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
  1. #461

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    40,336

    Food Panda Guy - He has been vaccinated. Will have to be observed and tracing orders and checking if he has had contact with customers. Gene sequencing in progress...

    Less than 10 prelim positives now.

    All we need is someone to suggest that Pennys Bay workers should also be quarantined like Cathay staff ...


  2. #462

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    273

    Is this wave basically over then? Our big chance to break free has petered out?

    hongkong7 likes this.

  3. #463

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    326

    Well done.... don't stop it... you can continue to do more stupid things....


    "Separately, Chuang said a preliminary positive infection detected on Thursday – involving a nurse who works in a clinic in Tuen Mun – has been ruled out as a Covid case, as further tests showed that her sample had been contaminated by inactivated virus strains found in vaccine supplies.

    Another uncertain case which was picked up in an overnight lockdown at Hoi Tak Gardens in Tuen Mun has also been identified as a negative case following additional tests"


  4. #464

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hong Kong side
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by statman:
    Yes that's what I thought too. I'm not sure on what legal basis they would have to keep you beyond the expiry of the order and surely the police would not be able to keep you either or they could be sued for false imprisonment. Would love to see a lawyers view on this and have someone actually challenge it in court to see if the rule of law really does still exist here!
    Yes I wondered that too : I mean once that order expires and since one hasn't commit any crime or suspect of any crime or break any ordinance : must be some all encompass law they can hold you under : curious to see a lawyers take on this : just ask because I worry I might lose it if I get held and I'm all tired and emotional
    statman likes this.

  5. #465

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,956
    Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    When on the plane look for somewhere with 3 Empty rows and pick one of those seat numbers, otherwise you could end up with full 21 days in PB, though some close contacts are now being sent elsewhere.
    Flying out of Hong Kong to Taiwan, the airline (HK Express) refused to let us change seats even though we (15 or so passengers) were all seated around the middle of the plane. Coming back, I booked seats (Cathay) away from anyone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    You have To pre-arrange check out so that the reception isn’t crowded at midnight. Some people check out the following morning, Why? I will check out at midnight and if they say 1210 I’ll go down anyway. They can’t exactly send me back to my room.
    In my hotel (Ovolo Southside) they controlled the lifts, so not possible to check out at your own time. I think most people have luggage, so using the stairs is not an option. I booked midnight checkout on my first day or quarantine, and ended up getting out around 12:15.
    shri likes this.

  6. #466

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,080
    Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    The thing is when your QT order expires you have to be deregistered. Whether there is any legal basis for just leaving your place of confinement I don’t know but I’d rather not want to be the guinea pig.
    But you were in PB because you arrived from a group A country, weren't you? Your quarantine didn't actually expire on the day you left PB. The person in the tweet apparently was there as a close contact and was free to leave at the end of it.
    Sage likes this.

  7. #467

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    6,734
    Quote Originally Posted by njstone9:
    https://www.ft.com/content/828a30bd-...b-a744577e27c3

    So the reason why there is no hope of an end to these crazy restrictions is because there is no plan at all.

    What.a.surprise.
    Its unpatriotic to suggest we needs international travel, connections and financial hub status...HK will just rely on the glorious mainland market and that is enough. Foreigners are all evil, remember?

  8. #468

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sai Kung
    Posts
    2,963
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    But you were in PB because you arrived from a group A country, weren't you? Your quarantine didn't actually expire on the day you left PB. The person in the tweet apparently was there as a close contact and was free to leave at the end of it.
    i totally get your point but I will have the same on day 21 here. Firstly I could not get on the coach from PB to my hotel without the supplemental QT order. Secondly the QT hotel would not admit me without the QT order. Finally, as is the case whether PB or QT hotel, both require check out and deregistration.

    I strongly suspect that from a purely legal point of view I could just get in the lift at midnight, go downstairs and jump straight into an Uber home. However much as we are not clear on the process you can bet you’re life that neither PB staff nor hotel staff know anything other than they have to follow the process and probably for that fact the police if hotel staff called them.

    I don’t see the need to be the guinea pig to valid the legality of just leaving after the QT order expiry. Quite frankly I just I want to get out and on the way home as soon as possible after midnight. I can do without either DOH or the Police coming round, potential arrest and snooping around things I’d prefer them not to see without good reason even if it is then established I am well within my rights. Also if anything like last year the first few hours after release are a little bit strange (hard to explain if you haven’t done it). Last January that process took minutes and I’m expecting the same in very little over a week from now.

    We must have a lawyer amongst us. If I’m bored over the weekend (when!!!!!!) I’ll have a layman’s trawl around the regs in the absence of any confirmed position.
    njstone9 and statman like this.

  9. #469

    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Have they traced the delivery worker who ended up in the ER?
    It could be a false positive given the case history.
    shri likes this.

  10. #470

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,956

    Are people from Zhuhai coming to Hong Kong? Do they need to quarantine?

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ordering-macau


Reply
Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast