Like Tree998Likes

Jan 2022 - COVID-19 Omicron wave?

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Are people from Zhuhai coming to Hong Kong? Do they need to quarantine?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ordering-macau
    No, it’s glorious by definition!

Designated centres to vaccinate kids with BioNTech

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/video-g...tm?vid=1628997

hullexile likes this.

Aha Omicron also has another advantage over previous variants. Not only is it only virulent after 6pm but there is a force field around the flower markets in Prince Edward so that locals can congregate there in their thousands while a few FDHs will no doubt get approached again today by the DoH with their suspiciously false length distancing measure.

Watching the Beijing mini outbreak with interest for a number of reasons.

How are they going to deal with a spread? (by which I mean 6 or 7 people) with Beijing very much the global focus in the sporting world

How are they going to deal with a positive when they athletes arrive?

Are they going to change tactic on zero Covid after the Olympics. I actually think they might and this is why we are seeing signals through HK that the border with the Mainland may open soon. Although I suppose that means a distinct possibility that any relaxation is totally insular between HK, China and possibly Macao.

AliT and Vaughn.T like this.

I’ve looked but failed in my endeavours to discover the legality of just going straight home after the expiry of my QT order. No matter for me. As I explained before it takes 2-3 minutes to check out and I don’t need the hassle especially as the first few hours after incarceration can be quite surreal. Still interested as a point of law.

The CTN legislation is much clearer. You can have a defence of not being aware but to me that would only work if you were proven to be incapacitated, working a 48 hour shift etc. You have to take reasonable steps and I don’t believe I haven’t read this social or printed media is a reasonable step. Still we know Sage won’t comply because he is a rebel

Sage likes this.

Here's a puff piece for the government guaranteed to make one's blood boil.

Hong Kong students taken aback by UK’s approach to ‘living with the virus’

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...k-learn-living

Coolboy and Plutark like this.

I get SCMP getting super careful with anything political but it really is depressing how quickly it has become a propaganda rag.

ByeByeEngland and Coolboy like this.

It's so misleading as well.

It's not just the UK that is dealing with Covid in this way. The entirety of the western world is.

The twin approach of bigging up covid to be a mixture of bubonic plague, ebola, and cholera, while simultaneously hyping up every story of alleged reactions to the vaccination...

I'm glad I believe in God because otherwise there will be no justice in this world for these charlatans.

ByeByeEngland, Coolboy and statman like this.

Agreed on SCMP.

Where are the searching questions such as:

How many of the partygoers are still at PB?

How are the investigations into the circumstances leading up to and including the party coming along?

Are measures going to be taken against senior ranking official partygoers?

Why, when Covid has been around for 2 years, are there supply, food and timely release problems at PB?

What is the logic with a zero Covid strategy that moves A+ from certain countries into PB for 4 days, then moves them again?

Why, when cases are on the rise in Europe, are only UK, USA and six African countries on the 21 day exclusion list?

Why make an example of your flagship airline which, with all the draconian measures in place, is suffering from resignations and sickness with the inevitable result that less Cargo is now being flown into HK, resulting in potential shortages and price rises for your citizens?

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Agreed on SCMP.

Where are the searching questions such as:

How many of the partygoers are still at PB?

How are the investigations into the circumstances leading up to and including the party coming along?

Are measures going to be taken against senior ranking official partygoers?

Why, when Covid has been around for 2 years, are there supply, food and timely release problems at PB?

What is the logic with a zero Covid strategy that moves A+ from certain countries into PB for 4 days, then moves them again?

Why, when cases are on the rise in Europe, are only UK, USA and six African countries on the 21 day exclusion list?

Why make an example of your flagship airline which, with all the draconian measures in place, is suffering from resignations and sickness with the inevitable result that less Cargo is now being flown into HK, resulting in potential shortages and price rises for your citizens?
    In the "new" HK, questions that offend the authorities are not allowed. Only fawning worship is pernitted.
    ByeByeEngland likes this.

Somehow, Delta has also appeared.
    https://twitter.com/tripperhead/stat...37420852293638

Coolboy and njstone9 like this.

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast