Like Tree23Likes

Covid Self Tests In HK

Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,022

    Here in Aus, the QR code check in app has now evolved and added the function to report a positive rapid antigen self test. It went live last week, from today is mandatory, and now the number of daily cases reported has more than doubled, more positive RAT's than PCR's now. But anyway, nobody gets sent off anywhere by reporting a positive RAT.

    HK_Katherine likes this.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    807

    I'm doing the deep throat saliva tests that the govt is still providing for free. It takes 2-3 days to come back but it's painless, reasonably accurate (albeit not PCR), and free! If I needed to be very accurate and speedy (eg. avoid infecting 100 kids or disabled or elderly folk, or if I am living with someone autoimmune impaired), then I would look for something else.

    Last year, a pharmacist said that the govt deep throat saliva test if correctly administered were more accurate than some of the home testing kits they sold, but I'm not sure if they've improved the technology since then.

    Having said that you can't use the results to meet mandatory testing nor foreign travel requirements.


  3. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,020
    Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    airmail suspended!
    Suspended from HK to the UK, not the other way around.

  4. #14

    The Indicaid LFT can be purchased on HKTV Mall or from them directly. They have a shop next to the (new) Old central market. I've used a bunch of them in the past year for my own sanity and the indicaid ones are of the most consistent quality. You can buy cheaper/dearer LFTs online but this one at least feels the most reliable/legit. This is an antigen test.

    if you have $ to burn, you can now do your own PCR test at home. Prenetics have released this now:

    https://www.prenetics.com/rapid-diagnostics

    Good Luck!

    shri and Drunken Master like this.

  5. #15

    Sorry - heres the direct link. You know it's legit cos one of the Mirror fellas is doing the advert!

    https://circlepod.co/en-hk/

    shri and Drunken Master like this.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,723
    Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I have my free ones courtesy of the UK government set aside for this purpose... harder to get replacements of those though now with the airmail suspended!
    Damn. Forgot airmail was suspended. I thought I'd just come up with a nice little earner sending free UK tests out to HK for $150 a pop!
    Last edited by Pauljoecoe; 12-01-2022 at 05:30 PM.

  7. #17

    So circle health pod sends the results to your phone...Does that mean the company gets your results before you do ?

    If you are positive for covid, but don't call it in, will someone come and break down your door ?

    rkenia852 likes this.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    Damn. Forgot airmail was suspended. I thought I'd just come up with a nice little warmer sending free UK tests out to HK for $150 a pop!
    Airmail from HK to the UK is suspended, not FROM the UK to HK.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    The Indicaid LFT can be purchased on HKTV Mall or from them directly. They have a shop next to the (new) Old central market. I've used a bunch of them in the past year for my own sanity and the indicaid ones are of the most consistent quality. You can buy cheaper/dearer LFTs online but this one at least feels the most reliable/legit. This is an antigen test.

    if you have $ to burn, you can now do your own PCR test at home. Prenetics have released this now:

    https://www.prenetics.com/rapid-diagnostics

    Good Luck!
    I have this Prenetics kit. Have a new one that can offload if interested.

  10. #20

    Website says can use without the app so if you want to be doubly sure, just do that.

    am sure you can find some old phone not connected to the internet (or block the app from accessing internet) just in case? (am sure one of the boffins we have on Geo can suggest some options)



    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    So circle health pod sends the results to your phone...Does that mean the company gets your results before you do ?

    If you are positive for covid, but don't call it in, will someone come and break down your door ?

Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast