Like Tree24Likes

Covid Self Tests In HK

Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,105

    Covid Self Tests In HK

    I may have missed this previously, but where can one get self tests for covid in HK?

    Naturally I'm not talking about something that gets sent away to the govt snitches for processing, but one for home use.

    When I do get it (hopefully soon), I'm definitely not going to be going anywhere near any govt process for managing it, but I'm curious enough to want to know if it's the real dreaded covid I get or just your regular 2018 common-or-garden-coronavius-sniffle.

    Ta.

    HK_Katherine and Insomnia like this.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,080

    Mannings sells the rapid tests for $150 bucks. Everything else will get shared with the government.

    https://www.mannings.com.hk/co-check...-pack/p/809673


  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong, from UK
    Posts
    3,615

    Pretty sure they were available at one point at Watsons/Manning, i.e. OTC. Dunno if they still are...

    Sage likes this.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    40,331

    The son recommends this one ... a fair few places in the UK use the Abbott test.

    I cannot find it at the moment .. but they do have a list of a few approved or recommended ones on some .gov.hk site.


    https://www.hktvmall.com/hktv/en/mai...AD-41FK51-1001

    chuckster007 and Sage like this.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Island East
    Posts
    6,805
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    The son recommends this one ... a fair few places in the UK use the Abbott test.

    I cannot find it at the moment .. but they do have a list of a few approved or recommended ones on some .gov.hk site.


    https://www.hktvmall.com/hktv/en/mai...AD-41FK51-1001
    why buy just 1 when you can buy 20 and get a further discount

    https://www.hktvmall.com/hktv/en/mai...AD-41FK81-1020
    hike likes this.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    40,331
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    why buy just 1 when you can buy 20 and get a further discount
    Might actually end up doing that for an extended trip to India, if I can figure out the logistics.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    40,331

    And another one from a HKU public health prof.....

    https://twitter.com/KarenGrepin/stat...072556033?s=20


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Mannings sells the rapid tests for $150 bucks. Everything else will get shared with the government.

    https://www.mannings.com.hk/co-check...-pack/p/809673
    Causeway Bay Mannings were selling them for $125 each. The one next to President Theatre,

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,810

    I have my free ones courtesy of the UK government set aside for this purpose... harder to get replacements of those though now with the airmail suspended!


  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Island East
    Posts
    6,805
    Replying to @KarenGrepin: Pro tip. Lots of experts saying that with omicron throat swabs are more accurate. This was my son’s birthday experience. Nasal tested negative but he felt like “hot garbage” so tried the throat and bingo.
    Get spitting folks

Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast